C.All - enhancing LCD and themes (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
HdWagner,

Sorry, Way OT but hoping you can help.

I registered @ meedios forum and never got a confirmation email.
I emailed binary64 at the email in his sig and have not heard
back (its been about a week).
Since I cannot post for help until I register I was hoping you could ask
binary64 to check the email.
BTW, registered under the same as here.

Thanks in advance,
patrick

darksoul666

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
hi!!! i have a problem i use c.all with LCDHype... every thing works on lcdhype it sends all info to my display when i try difrent scripts but it dosent work with c.all it wont sent anything its completly blank...ive also tried c.mee i think the name was with meedio but its the same there ist blank... any idea what im doing wrong ive followed the txt file included

Hi darksoul666,

first some question:
Is C.All listed in LCDHype list of plugins?
Is "LCDC, LCDInfo, LCDHype, ..." enabled in C.All-Config->Clients?
Do you have lines like "%UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'Line1')" in your LCDHype script?
If you enable "Debug Window" in C.All-Config->Clients, have the listed keys valuas while running MP?

1. hmm how can i see that???
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
You enter LCDHype's script editor. Here you have three panels - AFAIR in the upper left you select "Common", in the upper right you expand the node "Plugins".

If "C.All" or "MPLCDHype" is not listed:
C.All.Manual.rtf said:
How to set up LCDHype:
Move the contents of the directory \C.All\LCDHype to your \LCDHype directory.

To see something on your LCD, you have to define a screen with LCDHype's Screens tool. To use a variable write %UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'xxx') in the Script Editor. Replace XXX with the wished variable. Don't forget to save the configuration!

There’s another plugin called MPScriptLCDHype. This one is pretty much the same as MPLCDHype, but can’t display characters used by LCDHype functions. Its purpose is to pass function calls from C.All to LCDHype. To use this you have to define a variable in C.All’s ScreenDesigner like this:
Line4=%Format.Bar(Horizontal,20,0,§music.time.total§,§music.time.elapsed§,4,%LCD.CustomChar(0),%LCD.CustomChar(1),%LCD.CustomChar(2),%LCD.CustomChar(3))
You should quit LCDHype before doing this.

darksoul666

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
You enter LCDHype's script editor. Here you have three panels - AFAIR in the upper left you select "Common", in the upper right you expand the node "Plugins".

If "C.All" or "MPLCDHype" is not listed:
C.All.Manual.rtf said:
How to set up LCDHype:
Move the contents of the directory \C.All\LCDHype to your \LCDHype directory.

To see something on your LCD, you have to define a screen with LCDHype's Screens tool. To use a variable write %UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'xxx') in the Script Editor. Replace XXX with the wished variable. Don't forget to save the configuration!

There’s another plugin called MPScriptLCDHype. This one is pretty much the same as MPLCDHype, but can’t display characters used by LCDHype functions. Its purpose is to pass function calls from C.All to LCDHype. To use this you have to define a variable in C.All’s ScreenDesigner like this:
Line4=%Format.Bar(Horizontal,20,0,§music.time.total§,§music.time.elapsed§,4,%LCD.CustomChar(0),%LCD.CustomChar(1),%LCD.CustomChar(2),%LCD.CustomChar(3))
You should quit LCDHype before doing this.

hehe damn i hate being a newbe :D well any way i have C.All there but not MPLCDHype are they both supose to be there??? ive moved everything from that folder and done everything its says in the TXT file i guess im one of those really unlucky bastards :D :D

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
darksoul666,

if "C.All" is listed under LCDHype plugins, then everything should be fine. But obviously it isn't ...

The line %UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'Line1') should poll the variable Line1 from C.All and bring its value on LCD.
You can check if this variable has a value by looking up Line1 in C.All's debug window. If the variable has no value, you shoudl enable C.All-config->Data->Send Screens.

darksoul666

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
darksoul666,

if "C.All" is listed under LCDHype plugins, then everything should be fine. But obviously it isn't ...

The line %UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'Line1') should poll the variable Line1 from C.All and bring its value on LCD.
You can check if this variable has a value by looking up Line1 in C.All's debug window. If the variable has no value, you shoudl enable C.All-config->Data->Send Screens.

yeah theres a value "this is media portal" on line one :mad:

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
yeah theres a value "this is media portal" on line one :mad:
Strange. This is exactly what you should see on LCD ...

I'm pretty sure that the following is either obsolete or you should receive an error message, but just in case ...

MPLCDHype.dll needs the file CAllMonitor.dll.
- This file has to be in the folder $Mediaportal$\plugins\process\c.all\
- $Mediaportal$ is the path found in the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mediaportal . You can check this with regedit.exe.

darksoul666

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
yeah its there and the path is correct .... hmm but is this plugin compatible with the newest LCDHype... cause its seems wierd all scripts work on lcdhype it sends everything to the lcd as it should but not with c.all ... now correct me if im wrong but dosent c.all just collect info and send it thru to lcdhype wich prosesses the info to the LCD ... so it shouldent matter that i use USB connection on my LCD RIGHT ??? its a AlphaCool 240*128 anybody else tried it with the latest lcdhype???

darksoul666

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
oh and the script im using is the one that comes with the plugin
#Header
/insert header code here/
#EndHeader

#TextMode
/insert textmode script code here/
%UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'Line1')
%Common.CreateNewLine()
%UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'Line2')
%Common.CreateNewLine()
%UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'Line3')
%Common.CreateNewLine()
%UsePlugin('MPScriptLCDHype\MPScriptLCDHype.dll', 'Line4')

#EndTextMode

#GfxMode
/insert gfxmode script code here/
#EndGfxMode

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
yeah its there and the path is correct .... hmm but is this plugin compatible with the newest LCDHype... cause its seems wierd all scripts work on lcdhype it sends everything to the lcd as it should but not with c.all ... now correct me if im wrong but dosent c.all just collect info and send it thru to lcdhype wich prosesses the info to the LCD ... so it shouldent matter that i use USB connection on my LCD RIGHT ??? its a AlphaCool 240*128 anybody else tried it with the latest lcdhype???
I just tested with LCDHype 0.41 - it works for me.

You're right: C.All collects the data and stores it in CAllMonitor.dll. MPLCDHype.dll then reads the data from CAllMonitor.dll and forwards it to LCDHype.

This chain must be broken somewhere ...

Possibility #1: LCDHype - MPLCDHype.dll
You should get an error message at startup if there was a problem. But let's doublecheck that: Enter LCDHype's script editing mode, find "C.All" in LCDHype's plugin list and doubleclick it. This should automatically insert the code %UsePlugin('MPLCDHype\MPLCDHype.dll', 'Parameters') in your script. If not, we have a bug.

Possibility #2: MPLCDHype.dll - CAllMonitor.dll
You should get an error message at startup of LCDHype if CAllMonitor.dll wasn't found. Let's doublecheck that: Start LCDHype, find and start the program CAllMonitorTester.exe in C.All.zip. Enter "Line1" (without quotes) as "Key" and "Hello World" as "Value" in CAllMonitorTester, press "Write". Now "Hello World" should show up on your LCD. If not, we have a bug.

Possibility #3: C.All.dll - CAllMonitor.dll
I'm not sure if you get an error message if something is wrong. So let's check that:
Start MediaPortal, start CAllMonitorTester and press "Read". CAllMonitorTester should now list a lot of Keys. The Key "Line1" should have the Value "this is media portal". If not, we have a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom