C.All - enhancing LCD and themes (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

darksoul666

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
hmm well the first one works
but got some problems with the second when i start CAllMonitorTester.exe i get a error message saying CAllMonitor.dll not found if i move it do MediaPortal\Plugins\Process\C.All it works but it dont show anything on the LCD and for the third hehehe well i got nothing on line1 theres noting on any one of them

Dirk23

Portal Pro
May 28, 2006
Fulda
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have the Alphacool 240x128 Display and tried to script an bit in LCD Hype and c.all for Mediaportal:

Here is the script that works more or less fine for me:

#Header
/insert header code here/
#EndHeader

#TextMode
/insert textmode script code here/
#EndTextMode

#GfxMode
%Graph.SetTextArea(1,1,238,126)
%Format.AlignCenter()
%Graph.Font('Arial',14,1)
%UsePlugin('MPScriptLCDHype\MPScriptLCDHype.dll', 'Pic')
%Common.CreateNewLine()
%UsePlugin('MPScriptLCDHype\MPScriptLCDHype.dll', 'Line1')
%Common.CreateNewLine()
%UsePlugin('MPScriptLCDHype\MPScriptLCDHype.dll', 'Line2')
%Common.CreateNewLine()
%UsePlugin('MPScriptLCDHype\MPScriptLCDHype.dll', 'Line3')
%Common.CreateNewLine()
%UsePlugin('MPScriptLCDHype\MPScriptLCDHype.dll', 'Line4')
#EndGfxMode

For the Pictures you need Mediaportal 0.2.2.0 and c.all. Insert in c.all config under Screens a line with:

Pic=%Graph.LoadBitmap('C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\ExternalDisplay\MPLogoText160x128BW.bmp',40,-10,0,0,200,200,0,none)

The only Problem with this script or LCD Hype or c.all is that the display only update every 2-3 seconds and thats too slow. Maybe there is a way to speedup the refresh time?

Regards

Dirk

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
darksoul666: It works? Great! :)

Display Update:
%Common.SetPriority( x )
(with x being the refresh interval in milliseconds)

And as long as you use only one identical picture, you can use
%Graph.SetRefreshArea( Y )
( with Y being the text-only area)
That way the picture won't be refreshed which should spped things up.

Dirk23

Portal Pro
May 28, 2006
Fulda
Home Country
Germany Germany
I Have some further questions:

1. Is there a way to set up the time when the Display changes back to the Nothing toShow screen, and how do i setup that the screen clears befor the Nothing ToShow Screen comes, because if i have setup a line1 in Musik and the Nothing ToShow screens has no line1 the Text still remains in the display after it switches back.

2. Is there a list of Scripting Commands like §#date§ for the Date or §#day§ §#month§ §#year§ ..... (i need a string where only the Day's name is Shown like Monday Thursday and so and, because is want to setup the Nothing ToShow Screens as an German screen like this: Sonntag 28.01.2007

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dirk23,

1.a. you can define the time when the display changes from a "certain screen" back to any other screen. You can define this time in the properties of the "certain screens".

1.b. Simple add "Line1=" to the NothingToShow screen

2. No: Since every plugin can add new §#variables§, there can't be such a list.
You can check the currently available variables like this: - enable "send every variable" and "Debug window" in C.All setup. If you now start MP, a list with every known variable is shown.

Dirk23

Portal Pro
May 28, 2006
Fulda
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thx HDWagner,

i will try this. But why do i see the Musicscreen on the Display when i'm watching TV? Is it Posible to setup a TV Screen and what do i have to do? I Would like to setup a TV Screen where i can see the Logo or the name and some other tings like the Name of the Show thats on tv.

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
But why do i see the Musicscreen on the Display when i'm watching TV? Is it Posible to setup a TV Screen and what do i have to do? I Would like to setup a TV Screen where i can see the Logo or the name and some other tings like the Name of the Show thats on tv.
Sorry, I have no answer to this. I don't use MediaPortal, so I can't investigate.

In theory it works like this:

1.a. You enable the "send all" and the debug window. Now you check which variable appears or changes its value as soon as you enter the TV plugin.

1.b. Now you check which variables have the values you want to see on LCD while watching TV

1.c. Then you check which variable becomes empty or changes its value as soon as you leave the TV plugin.

2.a. In C.All Configuration->Screens you create a TV screen and enter the variables found in 1.b.

2.b. In C.All Configuration->Events you create events which create and kill the TV screen based on the variables / values found in 1.a. and 1.c.

I'm pretty sure someone has already done this. (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom