CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (1 Viewer)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    @georgius it looks to me like the IPTV filter may have crashed or locked up. However, it doesn't look like the same RTSP issue as azzuro was seeing. I'd really appreciate it if you could take a quick look.
    If you mean logs from this post, it's same problem as azzuro have with his RTSP provider.

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @georgius it looks to me like the IPTV filter may have crashed or locked up. However, it doesn't look like the same RTSP issue as azzuro was seeing. I'd really appreciate it if you could take a quick look.
    If you mean logs from this post, it's same problem as azzuro have with his RTSP provider.

Time for me to go look at that thread too, thanks @georgius!

Here are some 'full' logs from the same kind of crash today.

EDIT: Do you want me to try this patch, or something else from this thread? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ench-provider-free.118944/page-8#post-1023241

EDIT2: Attached more logs, where it crashed again. This time, the cards were set to not pre-load, just in case things look a little different.

EDIT3: I think I made things worse when I changed the RTSP Teardown Request timeout 1000ms instead of the default 100ms. The service has been crashing everytime I tune the same channel with the same tuner twice in a row. When I changed the timeout back, the tuner is just locked (no crash). updated logs attached.

Last edited:

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    twemperor said: ↑ EDIT: I should probably add that as a general behavior I've noticed, sometimes I'll have a problem tuning the same channel twice, that goes away when I have the tuner go to a different channel. Not completely repeatable, but I've noticed this a few times. Sounds like a similar sort of thing as I saw in Sigpi007's log files. No response from Ceton or Silicondust yet - understandable given it is/was still the weekend in your part of the world...

I used to get this issue regularly, but recently it has gone away. Not sure why. For the record though... I used to get the issue PRIOR to using the CableCard patch. I was just using a Hauppauge TV tuner and watching QAM channels that were in the clear.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Let me know how you'd prefer to access my server (Windows RDP, or some other service?), and I'd be glad to let you look around.
    RDP would be fine, though TeamViewer is probably easier to set up (no firewall configuration or install required). Up to you. Just flick me a PM once you've had a chance to set it up and we'll take it from there. :)

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Let me know how you'd prefer to access my server (Windows RDP, or some other service?), and I'd be glad to let you look around.
    RDP would be fine, though TeamViewer is probably easier to set up (no firewall configuration or install required). Up to you. Just flick me a PM once you've had a chance to set it up and we'll take it from there. :)
    I tried sending a private message, and the forum won't let me...

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    twemperor said: ↑ EDIT: I should probably add that as a general behavior I've noticed, sometimes I'll have a problem tuning the same channel twice, that goes away when I have the tuner go to a different channel. Not completely repeatable, but I've noticed this a few times. Sounds like a similar sort of thing as I saw in Sigpi007's log files. No response from Ceton or Silicondust yet - understandable given it is/was still the weekend in your part of the world...

I used to get this issue regularly, but recently it has gone away. Not sure why. For the record though... I used to get the issue PRIOR to using the CableCard patch. I was just using a Hauppauge TV tuner and watching QAM channels that were in the clear.
    One thing I noticed is that when I re-scan, most of my channels are updated. On a couple of occasions where I looked close enough, it looks like the QAM frequency is changing. Is some of the tuning information expected to change in this setup? Could there be something in the tuning process that is not running if the tuner is already on a certain 'channel' (pre-loaded or not)? Some tuning information is not being requested, and is stale?

Just a thought.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One thing I noticed is that when I re-scan, most of my channels are updated.
    When TV Server finds a channel in a scan, it either updates or creates a new channel. If you've scanned previously, you'd expect most of your channels to be "updates". That's not to say that any of the tuning details have actually changed.

Could there be something in the tuning process that is not running if the tuner is already on a certain 'channel' (pre-loaded or not)? Some tuning information is not being requested, and is stale?
    If TV Server thinks it is already tuned to a given channel then it does not attempt a retune. It just tells the tuner to start the stream. I'm aware that CableCARD tuners don't seem to like this, and that is what I contacted Ceton and Silicondust about. Still no response.

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Occasional minor lag here and there between channels, but nothing that is unexpected. On average... no more than 5 secs. Usually changing under 2 secs most of the time now.
    I see three cases where channel change took more than 20 seconds. I think I know the cause and how to fix it, but I need some info about something. So, I've contacted Michael at Ceton and will let you know as soon as I have more info...

@mm... Any word back from Michael at Ceton for the lag issue?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mm... Any word back from Michael at Ceton for the lag issue?
    Sorry still nothing. This is unusually slow. If I haven't received a response by the end of this week I will try to contact Ceton again via alternative routes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom