CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (2 Viewers)

allen00se

October 8, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed media portal and the files as per the first post, everything looked okay until I get to step 11.

11. You should see a "tuning mode" field with three options. Select "digital cable" and then click "scan for channels" to start scanning

I might be looking in the wrong place but I don't see a "tuning mode" field. I am going to TV Servers > "My Name" > Then clicking on Ceton tuners listed

Any ideas?

allen00se

October 8, 2012
Home Country
Yes that is the screen I am on, however I still have the checkbox instead of the selection box.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This suggests that SetupTv.exe hasn't been patched properly.
    Did you possibly have TV Server configuration open when you unzipped the patch?

allen00se

October 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Totally my fault, I grabbed the wrong zip file off the front page. Once I got the correct files everything worked as it should with one exception. When I was scanning for channels it took over 2 hours... Didnt have time to mess around with it afterwards, but heres my log files.

Sayajin

Portal Member
    October 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Recently purchased the HD Homerun Prime and found out just now to my total dismay that it is not supported on Media Portal. I will be watching the development of this thread closely. Hoping things work well....

-Sayajin

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Recently purchased the HD Homerun Prime and found out just now to my total dismay that it is not supported on Media Portal.
    Ouch - sorry. :(
    Technically we do support clear QAM with the Prime but obviously that isn't what you'd call full support.

We do advertise as clearly as possible which tuners we do and don't support:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/11_Preparing_Your_System/01_Supported_TV_Cards

6. CableCard tuners are not supported.

Obviously it is a little late now for you, but perhaps you could recommend a more helpful place for us to put that information to save other people from this potentially costly mistake?

I will be watching the development of this thread closely. Hoping things work well....
    Absolutely, do that. I think you'll be alright - just maybe you won't be able to use its full potential immediately.
    I'll do my best... :)

mm

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    It seems you have made great progress on getting the hdhomerun going with mediaportal. Keep up the good work :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again everyone

Progress update...
    I have scanning working properly on both the HDHomeRun Prime and the Ceton InfiniTV 4! :D
    Channel names and numbers are grabbed.
    A full scan should take roughly 60 seconds.

The patch is available from the first post as usual.

Please be sure to read the installation instructions carefully as some of them are quite vital.

Regards,
    mm

jsmith100

October 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi mm,

I had a quick question... I'm a new member, but I've been following for about 3 months. I recently about 4 months ago bought an HDHomerun Prime, which is what started me to start digging for WMC alternatives... If I read all the post and I just want to make sure I understand where we are with the HDHomerun prime... right now Mediaportal does support the HDHomerun Prime with everything except the CableCard. Is that correct? Is there a way to determine what channels I would get without the CableCard?I don't mind giving up HBO/Sho/Max and that kind of stuff to move to MP. However, it would hurt (HURT) to give up the fox sports, FX, SYFY, etc... :). I'm on the precipice of making that decision... I think I need the nudge :).

Thank you for your time on this and MP in general!

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom