CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (4 Viewers)

thirdoff

Portal Pro
June 22, 2011
Same here.

Failed to startup tvservicesystem.net.sockets.socketexception: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (my local IP)

ssrjazz

Portal Member
May 9, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For those that have been asking, that does mean no progress on the 64 bit front. Quite honestly, don't hold your breath for that at this point. I've found it much tougher to crack than expected. At present it is 32 bit or nothing. We'll likely have to totally change things up for 64 bit. That will require time that I don't have right now. Sorry but I'm doing the best I can with the time and energy I have available, divided across multiple strands of MediaPortal development.

Very disappointing but understandable. Wish you had some development help here on this. When you are able to tackle 64 bit support, let me know. Will be happy to test.

Guess us 64 bitters are just stuck with WMC 7 + Plex for HTPC goodness for now. It works, but it's no MediaPortal. :(

MPisano

Portal Member
June 2, 2008
Home Country
I too was getting the service startup failure, I've re-merged the original diff into the current source and rebuilt.

Not sure if it will fix the 64bit issues, since i'm running 32, but it might help

Good Luck
Mike Pisano

Attachments

• CableCard_1.3b_rebuild.zip
    1.3 MB

sshirley2000

Portal Member
January 5, 2009
Home Country
I could give this file a try.

I could also help in this effort. I am a .NET developer. I am running Windows 8 x64 on my media center and Windows 7 x64 on my development box.

What is the main focus here? Drivers for the Ceton InfiTV exist. Is the main problem just integrating that into MP?

MichaelD

November 6, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
@MPisano
Thanks! Your update allowed me to start the service, but on channel scan I'm getting the error mentioned earlier in the thread..."physical channel 2 frequency: -1 modulation:ModNotSet: No Signal"

Has this worked for anyone else? I'm debating on installing the alpha to get the channels scanned, the upgrading to the beta.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    I had tried using my CableCard on my Win 7, x86 install and found the popup doesn't include the United States as an option for the region (see attached). After returning and reading the last page, it seems the "patch" didn't make it into 1.3.Beta and those of you attempting to run the old patch are having issue.

I have Win 7 32-bit, US CableCard and the HDHomerun Prime and would be willing to help testing.

Attachments

• MP 1_3_Beta CableCard US .jpg
      MP 1_3_Beta CableCard US .jpg
      83.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom