Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't worry about multiple displays. Will be dealt with once all other stuff is in line. Makes no sense before it.

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it would be nice, we get to test today a new build

I'm ready :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried it on my Laptop -> Having MP on a secondary screen is not usefull anymore. MP will minimize as soon as you click on any other window giving it focus. I know some people are using the scenario, so they will perceive this as a missing feature, not as a bug fix.

Yep, confirmed on my desktop PC as well. I'll have to stick with 1.3RC for now I'm afraid. I had a quick play with XBMC and that has a "Use windowed mode instead of true fullscreen" which keeps it up on my TV when I click on my other monitor, so maybe that would be useful to look at. MPC-HC can also be set to show the video full-screen on the selected display, although that probably isn't relevant to MP as it needs to show the GUI as well as the video.

I also found the mouse pointer was a bit off, so to highlight a programme to select in the EPG, I had to position the mouse cursor somewhere to the right of where I wanted to click. I used the keyboard to navigate instead.
    Also: MP will hang when trying to show TV. First it takes a long to time to switch to fullscreen TV, then it shows a black screen.

I can't confirm that. It worked fine for me here.[DOUBLEPOST=1362504366][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Don't worry about multiple displays. Will be dealt with once all other stuff is in line. Makes no sense before it.

Ah OK, I'll keep an eye on developments then :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great! Because while testing i always have the log folder + baretail open on my left monitor, en MP on the right. Could become annoying when MP keeps minimizing, while checking logs ;)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Now look @ that :) Just installed 1.3RC + build 11.

Startup time: <5 seconds! (Clean without extra plugins) :D (y)
    Code:
    2013-03-05 20:36:38.475298 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: MediaPortal v1.3.0.0 is starting up on Windows 8 [6.2.9200.0]
    2013-03-05 20:36:43.269334 [Info.][FilterChecker(5)]: FilterChecker: Version of installed quartz.dll: 6.6.9200.16384
    2013-03-05 20:36:44.242082 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: D3D: Showing mouse cursor

TV is working fine on multiseat here.
    When running MP in windowed mode, and selecting other programs on 2nd monitor, MP stays open. MP only gets minimized when running in fullscreen mode :)

When starting MP in fullscreen mode, all goes well (no errors), but when i start MP in windowed mode, i get this error on startup:
    Code:
    2013-03-05 20:40:56.288000 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow, Boolean skipHistory, String loadParameter, Boolean skipAnimation, Int32 focusControlId)[/quote]

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Been using Build 9 for a couple of days. No major issues here.

Refreshrate changes correctly.
    Faster startup times

Now just gave build 11 a whirl. No extreme stuff
    In titan skin, music fanart view (now playing) isnt working. Complaining about missing ...vu.xml,
    and elapsed timebar isnt indicating the correct position. It is always at the end. Might be all known issues though...
    Faster startup times again :) nice!

Further testing for me is a little hard. Very little time and the setup is now (temporrr..) back to xonar card connection. So no HDMI audio+video or handshake issues.

Last edited:

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Been using Build 9 for a couple of days. No major issues here.

In titan skin, music fanart view (now playing) isnt working. Complaining about missing ...vu.xml,

Further testing for me is a little hard. Very little time and the setup is now (temporrr..) back to xonar card connection. So no HDMI audio+video or handshake issues.

deactivate under music section (VU METER) then works with build11

You have problem with Sound syncs ? new MediaPortal Audio Renderer look here

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    deactivate under music section (VU METER) then works with build11 You have problem with Sound syncs ? new MediaPortal Audio Renderer look here

Tried that from within MP GUI setup and set that to none, but no joy.

I do have some sync issue, but very slightly. It used to be much worse. The crap I download, I never know if its from the file I play or caused by MP stuff... :p But de-sync level is never constant with different files... Sometimes not noticable (more often lately). Sometimes very..... At least in my setup.

Im not too busy with sync issues at the moment.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Let me fix some issues first...

Also it looks like we already bumped the TVPlugin Version to 1.3.0. This was 1.2.3 up and until 1.3.0 RC. Now as the 1.3.0 release is coming up the versions have been bumped. Not going to include even more components here.

Next build will come when 1.3.0 Final is out, so the versioning stuff is in line again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom