Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mediaportal 1.3 realease april 2013
    it is on the roadmap
    I searched so long another hobby:confused:

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mediaportal 1.3 realease april 2013
    it is on the roadmap
    I searched so long another hobby:confused:
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not according to any roadmap I have seen.

Not sure what the problem is. The team are working as hard and fast as they can. Surely you don't want a buggy version of MP. You've already got the release candidate. The final version will fix a couple of fairly minor last-minute bugs.

ripk

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    I've noticed that the version 1.3.1 will not be issued with this huge branch of extremely important fixes and that everything was moved to 1.4.0. Is there any chance we may see it in a 1.3.x? I'm all about bug-free code but having to wait one year for the 1.4. release seems like a lifetime, especially because this work seems to be nearly complete :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No worries, this work will be presented to the community before the end of the year for sure ;)
    After the 1.3 Final release, the release cycle of our MediaPortal releases will 'slightly' change. The releasedate of the 1.4 release in our roadmap is fictitious for now.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As soon as this one is tested until that point that we do not have any regressions left it will result in a maintenance release. It is numbered 1.3.1, 1.3.2 or 1.4.0 doesn't really matter. Releases of MP will increase with a changed release model after 1.3.0 final is out, which will happen soon as indicated in the roadmap.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As soon as this one is tested until that point that we do not have any regressions left it will result in a maintenance release. It is numbered 1.3.1, 1.3.2 or 1.4.0 doesn't really matter. Releases of MP will increase with a changed release model after 1.3.0 final is out, which will happen soon as indicated in the roadmap.

Sorry, but we discussed this internally and came to the conclusion that we would include this in 1.4.0, rather than release it as 1.3.1. However, feel free to have a read of the relevant internal discussion thread and comment.

I guess the main point is that other stuff will also be included in there, rather than this getting a release to itself.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No problem. People can always use a current Area51 build if they choose so or build a GIT branch.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom