Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nothing should steal the focus when ISOs are mounted. Might be a regression in my changes. I will try to reproduce over the weekend.

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have been able to reproduce the Half/Full screen issue with build 13 but im not sure if this one counts because im fiddeling with the remote.
    Im using a Logitech Harmony remote what i have programed.
    When powering off, the remote first sends "home" and "stop" to MePo. This causes MePo to go to basicHome and stop all playback. After this the receiver and tv are powered off. So far all is ok.
    When powering on, first the tv and receiver are powered on. After that the remote sends the command "LiveTV" to start tv playback. Now I have Half/Full issue.
    A workaround that works is to program a delay in my remote before "LiveTV" command is sent.
    Logfiles are in post

Attachments

• logfiles.zip
      48.4 KB

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Issue in your setup is that your receiver/display combo announces two different resolutions when turned on:

Code:
    2013-03-21 13:31:47.670332 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Main: WM_DISPLAYCHANGE
    2013-03-21 13:31:47.670332 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Resolution changed to 1376x774x32 or displays added/removed

2013-03-21 13:31:47.687333 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Resolution changed to 1920x1080x32 or displays added/removed
    2013-03-21 13:31:47.688333 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Main: WM_GETMINMAXINFO
    When turned off you go to 1024x768x32, which is fine and the original problem.

And once you start playback MP is stuck in 1376*774. Changing resolutions DURING playback is not supported right now, that's why your delay is working - you start playback after MP jumped to the 1920x1080 resolution announced by your receiver.

Maybe try to switch the order they are turned on or wait a bit between TV and receiver turned on. You can easily check the logs yourself for resolution changes. When turning off your receiver/display Windows will go to 1024x768.

Need to think a bit about if, it I can offer a solution for this scenario for equipment announcing HD-Ready and then full HD resolution. That's actually against HDMI specs. But, hey the implementation on so many receiver/display is flawed and only became decent in the last 18 months...

Let me know if you found a way to get rid of the 1376*774 announcement. Might be interesting to others.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with the build when I start live tv is minimized MediaPortal, you need log file?
    Some logs would be nice, so I can see when the the focus was taken away from MP and might even see the reason for it. Can you reproduce this on demand?

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Found Another bug. When playing a video file, the progressbar does not show the current time position of the video when doing FF. It is stuck in the begining.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks. That is a known issue and will be fixed in one of the next builds.

Last edited:

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with the build when I start live tv is minimized MediaPortal, you need log file?
    Some logs would be nice, so I can see when the the focus was taken away from MP and might even see the reason for it. Can you reproduce this on demand?

I have the problem temporarily no more, I've set MediaPortal always on top,
    on my HTPC in the bedroom, I use the same MediaPortal with other hardware, the problem is still there ... I will upload log files today or tomorrow, my wife sleep already lol: D

another question
    when I press Alt + Enter = windowed mode, the window is too big for me, resize smaller the windows not it is saved for the next time, could this be fixed?

found a mistake

When I press Alt + Enter and resize smaller the window, and then press ALT + ENTER to full screen I get no Fullscren more, you can reproduce this?

I have the problem temporarily no more, I've set MediaPortal always on top,
    I've temporarily disabled always on top
    if error occurs again I upload log file later

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No other issues guys? Time to create a new build with the needed fixes then... But first movie time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom