Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I should start a security blog really explaining how this stuff works.

Just one thing: Do not use short password. Password complexity is hard for humans and leads to password recycling. Use long ones.
    "11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111" is exponential more secure with each digit than "p*55W0Rd".

For creating all possible hashes for 8 digit password for a specific WLAN hotspot a decent GPU needs 1:47h. Thank you for watching. Or use use computing powers on the Amazon cloud. :D

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you have a lot of internet traffic, and much more cost-
    how long are you staying in berlin?
    you have WEP or Wlans Telekom hotspot near?, then I have a good idea :cautious: ;)
    Yeah, I have WEP rainbow tables on my machine. No WEP, WDS in my area, no public hotspots. I hardly get a 3G signal at home. I am staying in Berlin for 3-6 more months. So I need something I can get out on a monthly basis.

I need to move right away. Preferable something where the former tenant had decent Internet speed.

Now the fun fact: everyhthing that is decent for my needs does not have nice internet connections. Nice Internet connections are available on appartments designed for families. What the check do I need 4 rooms for? I can only be in one at a time. I need loft style. Just gimme one damn big room. And keep your "Dachterasse", balcony, big windows or what every. I do not care. I am not staring our when at home and during the day I am not there. So what do I care about a lot of daylight. Closing the curtains anyway.

So I am looking for a "Frabiketage". Preferable NOT renovated. Gimme some ghetto style here. As nice as luxury apartments are, I prefer space over luxury here.

Currently checking if O2 can deliver. And I need high speed (for remote Team Viewer, VoIP etc stuff) and tons of data anyway. The upstream speed is more important than the downstream for me. As it is usually 1:10 or even lower I have always to get the fastest downstream available.

I usually have between 0.25TB and 0.5TB traffic per month. Depends on what I am doing. And this is pure legal traffic.

A this all sucks. Switzerland was so small that in larger cities fast Internet could be obtained easily in a matter of days and what you can have was precise information on availability. But again, it is so small compared to Germany. In fact the population Berlin would make up half of the people in CH anyway...

Berlin is a special case in Germany as well. Especially in Eastern part. Fibre Channel in the ground but wrong head ends every few miles as it was designed to deliver ISDN not high speed communications. In fact they need to re-do it. Thanks Rosa Riese, you suck!

And most buildings in Berlin are part of a house directly on the street followed by court yard and then another house. And often the "Hinterhaus" is not connected but the "Vorderhaus" is.

Could rant on for hours...

Last edited:

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with the build when I start live tv is minimized MediaPortal, you need log file?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just noticed that the problem with the progression bar in video playback is still there. I tought this was an issue were there was a skin engine change or something like that for 1.3 Final, but as i wasnt using updated skin files i would have this problem. However it seems that this is not the case. With origonal files, progession bar is fine. With your files, it shows always 100%.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, known issue. Have not investigated where it is coming from. Will probably fix with the next build once I spotted where the issues is coming from. Have some ideas, but not yet checked the code yet.

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

Here is my experiance with build 13 and the Half/Full screen issue
    1. Start MePo
    2. Watch TV
    3. Turn off TV and receiver
    4. Turn TV and receiver on
    5. Video and audio is out of sync. Video is ahead
    6. Change channel. AV is in sync
    7. Watch a dvd iso file in MyVideos. MePo gets minimized to tray
    8. Restore MePo and dvd is playing

No problem with Half/Full screen issue so far :)
    My logfiles are in this post

Attachments

• logfiles.zip
      55.2 KB

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you use for ISO mounting and how did you configure it. I assume it is Daemontools, that depending on how configured, steals focus. Just want to confirm and need the exact config to reproduce. Once reproduce I can prevent it.

The Lipsync Issues is not much I can do about at the moment, beside stopping playback when an audio tenderer is remove from the system. Will make it an option.

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Option to stop playback sounds good to me :)
    I use Slysoft VCD for mounting. Here are my settings.
    2hibcaw.jpg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1363859484][/DOUBLEPOST]I installed DaemonTools Lite to test it and the behaviour is different. After MePo is minimized a few seconds goes by and MePo is restored with dvd playing.
    Here are my Daemontools settings

abp7c6.jpg

Is this related to Half/Full screen issue? Maby im posting this in wrong thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom