Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, i can confirm this aswell. First press brings up the OSD, but nothing happens and the text is flashing.
    Same Errors in the logs.

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Process Plugins might be incompatible as there were some changes.

HTPC-Info is probably responsible for your stuttering as it hooks in as a process plugin, meaning it is inside the main render loop. That's very evil for a plugin to be there just to have it running all the time in the background. Coder could provide a service backend for it instead using such a dirty hack.

World-Weather I do not know. Anyone here has tested it? I thought it pulls data when the window is active. Or is it another "evil" process-plugin hack? Anyone knows?

Can't confirm this one. HTPC Info is not responsible for the stuttering in my case. Also have had it without HTPC-Info beeing installed. It started with switching from 1.3 beta to 1.3 RC. Picture and Playback was fine, but every 10-15 minutes I got stuttering for 1-2 seconds. Same happened while playing back MP3's. On some songs the system was hanging for a moment. It has vanished by using the 013 build. Regarding world weather: You can actualise it manually by pressing "actualise" within the screen or it actualis itself on a periodic base (2-3 hours ? - don't know exactly). But if I now enter the weather screen it shows me the data from i.e. 2 days ago till I press actualise. If I use the original build from 1.3 Final it works ok.

If I press ALT+Tab for switching to a window in the background or if I press ALT-Enter for switching MP into Windowed Mode MePo is "crashing"... Mediaportal.exe is then still running as an active process, but no longer listed in the Application-Tab of the Taskmanager. Together with this the MePo-Application Volume control is set to zero and no longer associated with the master-volume. I have then to workaround to associate it back with Master-Volume before I can restart MePo to have sound...

It is in the system tray when focus is lost in the current build. You are probably not seeing the icon. Click on the "white arrow" pointing up in the system tray and you will probably see a MP icon. This behavior will be configurable in the next build (default is NOT to hide on focus loss).

Do you use: "always on top" for MP? That might cause the ALT-Enter issue. Can you please check? If that's the case I know what to fix for ALT-Enter, which should not result in MP losing focus.

You're right. Was in the systray, but was hidden on my system. "Always on top" is not used by me. It only happens if I want to switch from fullscreen to window. If I then restore it out of the tray it's in windowed mode. If I then press Alt+Enter then it goes back into fullscreen withoun an issue.

PS: Any chance that overall CPU-Consumption of MePo can be optimized ? MePo is consuming over 50% of my CPU (AMD E-350) only while being in the main menu without doing anything.
    Can you disable 3rd party plugins one by one and see when this stops? Start with HTPC Info or any other process plugins that probably never free up CPU resources and can use up to one CPU core.

Will do this and test it tonight. But I don't have that much 3rd party plugins. Only world weather, Fanart Handler, Clickfinder, mp series and Moving Pictures are installed and active at the moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1364921053][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah, i can confirm this aswell. First press brings up the OSD, but nothing happens and the text is flashing.
    Same Errors in the logs.

Can't confirm this one on my installation. Switching channels by remote and/or keypad is working as designed. I'm using a RC6 MCE-Remote and a wireless mini-keyboard.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will do this and test it tonight. But I don't have that much 3rd party plugins. Only world weather, Fanart Handler, Clickfinder, mp series and Moving Pictures are installed and active at the moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1364921053][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Same Errors in the logs.

Can't confirm this one on my installation. Switching channels by remote and/or keypad is working as designed. I'm using a RC6 MCE-Remote and a wireless mini-keyboard.

So you can change to a channel with a single-digit channel number?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Scythe42

Could you tell a little bit on the status and your next plan on our last findings? Not trying to rush you.

btw. How is your internet / residence situation currently? Satisfactory?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guys, just doing the Bypassing of the Win8 Start Screen at autostart. Basically it is just a jump to the desktop over a Scheduled Task at Logon.

Afterwards I upload a new build. Will post changelog later as well.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Additional things you need us to test with current build? Did you get enough results/info?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont know how relevent this is anymore (as it seems you already fixed it), but i just noticed that the progressbar actually works in live tv, it seems to only fail on videos. Just thought i should share this little piece of information ;p.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom