Calling all Hauppauge card owners (1 Viewer)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry, this is only for the analog 150,250,350, and 500 card. Is support for your card native to MP?

Medai Man

Portal Member
    March 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the response diehard2. Here is a link to the product specs of my card. I assumed it was a 1033 because that was the only number I could find on the Net that was connected with a similar looking product listing. My equipment info does not give a number that could recognize. I got the correct info from Hauppauge directly and they said it was the 878 model card. dman sent me a link for a driver for the 878/9 cards, and after I downloaded it, my computer could not recognize my card. I will contact dman again with the results. I sure hope I can get tv the portion of MP working. It looks like a great program.

http://www.hauppauge.com/Pages/products/data_goplus.html

bokohut

March 17, 2007
    Home Country
    I wanted to post my setup to help others since I use two Hauppauge (HP) cards that are different so I figured to do it here.

Dell 1600 SC
    2K3 SP1
    MySql 5
    HP MCE 500
    HP HVR-1600
    MP Tvserver 3 (tvengine3-02-25-2007--20-12h--Rev13105.zip)
    MP (MediaPortal-svn--02-25-2007--20-01-Rev13105.exe)
    RealPlayer 10
    QuickTime 7
    WinDVD 7
    DivX 6.4

I bought the HVR for 60 after rebate a few weeks ago at CirciutCity (stealdeals.net). I have had no luck in all kinds of combinations but today I felt lucky... :) The HVR would always give the "No Detected..." error when I went to watch the analog. I had the old 500 drivers and the newer 1600 drivers. Today I removed all HP drivers and downloaded from the HP the newest drivers (not beta) from their website. I installed the 1600 drivers first then the 500 drivers, windows controlled the order upon driver removal reboot. I then went into MP server config application and moved the 1600 Analog card to the first position with the two 500 tuner second and third, the digital tuner is last. I used mp client to connect and the hvr works. I have not tried the digital tuner yet as I need to get an attic antenna and booster...

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi - how do I use this for TV engine 3?

Is it the 'sensitivity' setting under the card configuration?? (every time I try to set this to 'high' I exit from the configuration and when I come back in it is still set to 'medium')

MeToo

March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a HVR-1600 configured with an over the air antenna connected to the digital video input and a DirecTV DVR connected to the S-Video port. With the latest SVN I have been able to get the over -the-air channels working, but external channels/S-video do not appear (black screen). The WinTV2k application shows the SVHS connection is working properly, but MP does not seem to work - anyone else seeing this problem?

joe531

Portal Member
    January 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Home Country
    I have a HVR-1600 configured with an over the air antenna connected to the digital video input and a DirecTV DVR connected to the S-Video port. With the latest SVN I have been able to get the over -the-air channels working, but external channels/S-video do not appear (black screen). The WinTV2k application shows the SVHS connection is working properly, but MP does not seem to work - anyone else seeing this problem?

I'm having the same issue, except with autotuning.

ricbal

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Hey,

After a month worth of good quality, my HTPC machine has crashed...
    After a fresh install, what a surprise....
    There is simply NO WAY to get my 150MCE to work properly...
    I am using its SuperVideo input with a Sky set top box...
    The problem is that the image looks like having squares in it and (worse, much worse), I can get no colors in the image. I'm lying, it looks like if the software is trying to show the proper colors and has no success...
    I started to think the problem was with my board, but it works perfectly with both MCE and the TV software from Hauppauge....
    Any help??? I can post the a log file if you want...
    I have already done two fresh reinstalls (Windows MCE, drivers, updates, MCE with latest SVN, etc)...
    What I dont understand is why before a fresh resinstall the problem still persists (and I was working perfectly with the SVN version from 04/04).
    Any ideas?
    Please help - I became a fan of MediaPortal and would rate to have to use another software....
    Regards,
    ricbal

OBS: I tried with the release and SVN versions.. same problem...
    I have no clue on this problem (mostly because I have all working fine...)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hi, can you post the mediaportal.log from the latest svn?

ricbal

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Here they are:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/severe_problem_hauppauge150mce-t21784.html

I solved my problem in a strange way... I turned my receiver to NTSC... I was truly unable to solve the problem.. don't know why... the most strange thing is that TVServer worked... (but then I had problems with remotes, etc). So to say... same machine.. same installation.. MyTV Engine 0.2 didn't worked with PAL-M, but TVServer did....
    I'm using now MyTV with the set top box working with a NTSC signal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom