Calling all Hauppauge card owners (1 Viewer)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey ricbal, Could you try new drivers from shspvr.com? The problem you're experiencing is somewhat worrisome, and not everyone has the ability to switch their receiver format. Could you let me know what the results are? Thanks

ricbal

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    I'll try the new drivers and I'll post the results as soon as possible (today it will be impossible, unfortunately).
    Another strange thing...
    In my previous (color working :):) ) installation, I had several problems related to timeshifting and even with the capture board (sometime it would just mess up with the signal... it looked like losing the synchronism with the received signal.). The most interesting thing now that I changed my receiver to NTSC is that it has been working perfectly (without a single reset) for almost a week by now... In my old installation, perhaps day by day I had to reset my HTPC...
    I don't even have a clue on what is this problem.. As I know things.. if you make a new (truly) installation and install softwares the same way... it should present the same behavior...this is not the case... I'm unable to put Media Portal to work with PAL-M, while other HTPC software continue to work properly... (including TV Server 0.3).
    Regards,
    ricbal

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hi Phantom,

I added the support for this into tve2 a couple of months ago. Just enable the quality control, and it should work. There is basic support for this in tve3, but it can't handle higher bitrates. I don't have time to track down where this is happening, but it appears to be a fundamental problem.

drunnero

Portal Member
    April 13, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm needing some help. Is there a certain configuration or some steps you need to take to setup a turner card to be able to watch and record tv? I have a PVR 150 MCE I downloaded the drivers from the hauppage site so I think they should be the latest drivers available. I have a Direct TV reciever plugged into the card using the composite video and audio ports.

When I run the WinTV 2000 in Windows XP everything works great. But when I try to test it with mediaportal I get an unable to start timeshifting message. I followed the configuration video for the Tvserver but since it was for a dvb card I didn't know if there were different steps to take for an analog card.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hi drunnero,

The TV server is different from what this thread is discussing. This is for the original TV engine in MP which is superior (at the moment) for analog cards. If I recall correctly, you have to download the channels using the zap2it plugin, and the move the channels into the appropriate tv card in the tv plugin config. Non intuitive, I know...

drunnero

Portal Member
    April 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Ah ok. Thanks for the heads up so would you recommend uninstalling tv server and using the orginal tv engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom