Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

NZOldFart

Portal Member
November 11, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi - I've just installed my new hauppauge 2200 and of course found that the analog tuners won't scan. I'm running 1.0.0 RC1. I've seen on the forum that one of the SVN builds fixed this problem. Now I'm not a techy so don't know anything about the svn builds - from what I've read on the site new problems can be introduced with them.

My question is - does anyone know if the new RC2 has fixed the problem? - if so its probably easier for me to install the new version. If not then if I were to download the latest svn build then that would fix it?

BTW - the digital tuners are working a treat.

Many thanks.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hi - I've just installed my new hauppauge 2200 and of course found that the analog tuners won't scan. I'm running 1.0.0 RC1. I've seen on the forum that one of the SVN builds fixed this problem. Now I'm not a techy so don't know anything about the svn builds - from what I've read on the site new problems can be introduced with them.

My question is - does anyone know if the new RC2 has fixed the problem? - if so its probably easier for me to install the new version. If not then if I were to download the latest svn build then that would fix it?

BTW - the digital tuners are working a treat.

Many thanks.

Hi Old fart :D

Yep, RC2 fixes it well, no need for SVN builds. For the record, RC2 includes all the fixes of the SVN Builds. Scanning seems a bit flawed, but that could just be the TV network. I always end up with 70 or so channels when scanning so I just add them manually.

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Scanning channels on my 2200 in RC2 seems to be really buggy, have had a blue screen about 5 times now. :-(

Anyone else having this issue?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Scanning channels on my 2200 in RC2 seems to be really buggy, have had a blue screen about 5 times now. :-(

I've had no issues in vista sp1. BSOD Scanning digital or analog? For analog just add the channels manually.

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I've had no issues in vista sp1. BSOD Scanning digital or analog? For analog just add the channels manually.

Mine is a fresh install of XP and MP RC2 with the latest Hauppauge 2200 drivers.

Could you point me in the right direction of how to add the channels manually?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the crash occurring on digital or analog scan? Have you got all the prerequisites installed (as per the wiki) ?

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the crash occurring on digital or analog scan? Have you got all the prerequisites installed (as per the wiki) ?

The crash only occurs when scanning for analogue channels.

I re-installed XP pro (sp3) yesterday and made sure I went through ALL the pre-requisites on the WIKI.

Same thing when I scan for analogue channels on my other hybrid card, make = Asustek Tiger.

Just looking to get Prime and Juice TV. :)

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    I also get BSODs when scanning for analog channels with the HVR2200. I'd just add them manually if I were you.

Scanning for digital is fine.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm see a theme...Maybe it's an XP thing? does it happen if you use another app? ie whatever came with the hvr2200? if not then it's probably a bug that needs to be worked out in TVServer can anyone provide a mini dump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom