Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

Phatbloke

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Just a query, I notice Freeview HD channel is showing movie loops now but it skips like crazy on my setup. Does it run smoothly for anyone? TV3 in HD runs sweet.

On a side note does anyone still get the odd lockup as pointed out in this thread? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rts-looping-corrupted-1-2-second-video-39425/
The picture freezes but the sound keeps going. I usually get about 3 or 4 screen freezes a night that can be skipped by hitting skip forward. If I timeshift back 15sec it will freeze at the same spot every time.
I was running Power DVD 7 codec but am now trying Power DVD 8 and so far so good (about an hour in). Fingers crossed

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Just a query, I notice Freeview HD channel is showing movie loops now but it skips like crazy on my setup. Does it run smoothly for anyone? TV3 in HD runs sweet.

On a side note does anyone still get the odd lockup as pointed out in this thread? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rts-looping-corrupted-1-2-second-video-39425/
The picture freezes but the sound keeps going. I usually get about 3 or 4 screen freezes a night that can be skipped by hitting skip forward. If I timeshift back 15sec it will freeze at the same spot every time.
I was running Power DVD 7 codec but am now trying Power DVD 8 and so far so good (about an hour in). Fingers crossed

Nope no skipping problems with the Freeview HD channle. Must be your setup.

Yeah I do get odd lockups every now and then, when the sound keeps on going. Very frustrating. I also use the PowerDVD 8 codec.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey guys just wanted to say Hi. From Auckland, started toying around with this idea a few months ago and now got it all going pretty sweet... Freeview HD, OnlineVideos, EPG, Shoutcast etc... Having a few problems with TV3 and Four but the other channels are great! Running it all off onboard graphics aswell which I was told was impossible :) But any way, just a shoutout...

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hey guys just wanted to say Hi. From Auckland, started toying around with this idea a few months ago and now got it all going pretty sweet... Freeview HD, OnlineVideos, EPG, Shoutcast etc... Having a few problems with TV3 and Four but the other channels are great! Running it all off onboard graphics aswell which I was told was impossible :) But any way, just a shoutout...

You must have a pretty beefy CPU to run it off on board :O

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Not really, the 780g/nvidia 8200/8300 all claim to support h264 decoding onboard.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006

Not really, the 780g/nvidia 8200/8300 all claim to support h264 decoding onboard.

Wow... Onboard graphics are beginning to not suck much any more I guess.

Phatbloke

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Nope no skipping problems with the Freeview HD channle. Must be your setup.

Yeah I do get odd lockups every now and then, when the sound keeps on going. Very frustrating. I also use the PowerDVD 8 codec.

Well I'm glad the lockups aren't just me. Some nights are better than others and it hardly freezes once. Tonight I had a period of freezing every 10 mins for a while but then fine now. Weird.
Not sure what the problem with Freeview HD channel is then, it used to be fine when it had the demo discs playing but since its been movies its all juddery. Never get that on normal channels. Might just tinker with a few things see what I come up with.

ipa

March 16, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yeah onboard graphics have stepped up at last, I'm using 780g mb with amdx2 2400 and coreavc codec. No stuttering or lockups... touch wood! Looks beautiful on my Sony HR32 crt. Running vga out at 720p.
Now to get epg happening. I have a QuattroS card with dual DVBS and DVBT tuners so perhaps I'll try to use the satellite data.

Great thread this!

Cheers, Ivan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom