Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
I'm see a theme...Maybe it's an XP thing? does it happen if you use another app? ie whatever came with the hvr2200? if not then it's probably a bug that needs to be worked out in TVServer can anyone provide a mini dump?

I haven't installed Powercinema (which is what came with my HVR2200) so I dunno.

Also, changing channels from Digital to Analog takes a looong time, but I don't think this is a mediaportal thing...

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I also get BSODs when scanning for analog channels with the HVR2200. I'd just add them manually if I were you.

Scanning for digital is fine.

Have never added channels manually, do I need the frequencies etc? Anyone able to help with this?

When I get a chance I will install the Hauppauge software and see what happens.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Yeah, you'd need the frequencies and channel numbers. Googling normally finds them.

As for adding them, TV Server > Tv Channels > Add. Tis pretty simple.

Just got another two BSODs from analog channels. The first was when I switched from TV3 DVB-T to Prime then exited Mediaportal and the second was when I switched from TV3 Analog to Prime to CTV, at which point the picture froze and the audio went choppy and BSOD'd.

Analog support for the HVR2200 seems a bit buggy...

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In TVServer go to channels> "Add" Give it a name in the analog section fill up the channel number leave the frequency default 0. Prime is 316
    Juice is 11

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks guys, have re-installed a fresh Vista Home Premium and am trying again from scratch. :)

Freeview still works like a charm....

Managed to see picture on Prime, change back to Freeview TV1 and it locked up. Restarted everything.... Watching Freeview TV1 then change to prime.... BSOD!

Might have to dig out my old PVR 150 for Prime and Juice....

UPDATE

That last BSOD screwed something up now. MP won't start at all, log file says something about "Root Element is Missing"..... Time for bed!

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has anyone had any problems with RC2? I now have constant stuttering on TV3 and 4. Might have to revert to RC1 again I think

Havn't noticed that here. I have have always had, and still have, occasional freezing of video on playback but it is always a small segment I can skip over or get through. I'm guessing at least partially caused by the load I put this machine under. However definitely not constant.

I would recommend collecting logs and posting in the support forumn, even if you you do go back to RC1 these issues need to be documented looked at.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has anyone had any problems with RC2? I now have constant stuttering on TV3 and 4. Have to reverted back to RC1 again and its running fine. Weird
    WIth DVB-s RC2 is working a treat on both the server and client. No dramas at all.
    Only issue Ive found (although havent retested it) is when trying to go from watching Videos to recorded TV, the recordings wouldnt play without restarting mediaportal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom