Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Check the NZ Wiki page under downloads for a good set of logos

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Has anyone had any trouble with their dbv-t and RC2 ?

I moved to RC2 a week or two after it came out using dvb-s and its been great. This weekend I finally got onto the roof to put up the UHF aerial Ive had in my garage for 6 weeks thanks to the weather and whilst it tunes ok and I get a good quality signal when using the preview on tv-server I get sound but no picture. Strangley when viewing the dvb-s my amp is telling me that I have 5.1 but thats probably another issue.

When I check graphedit I can see the sound is all good, but there is no video filter, so I add coreavc and it tells me it cant find a compatible join between the two so I get nothing. When using MP I ge the box telling me it cant start timeshift and on occassion yesterday it crashed MP altogether.

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H with the signal going into an HVR-4000 along with the dvb-s. A friend has an identical setup but not RC2 and his is working perfectly and another friend (without the same hardware) who tried RC2 this weekend who got the same as me.

Ive loaded AC3filter and used DirectShow Manager to handle the priorities with no luck....anyone have any ideas ?

If there was a generic problem I wouldve expected up roar by now which is why I was expecting it to be safe !

Datagrafx

Portal Member
    October 24, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I reinstalled MediaPortal after it being unstalled for a week or two except with the RC2 release.

Trying to connect to the MS SQL Server with no luck
    ID MediaPortal and am sure I have the correct p/w

Is there any way to reset the User/ID and Pass of the SQL Server so MP can connect?

Ramjet99

Portal Member
    June 22, 2007
    WELLINGTON
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all, is the HVR-4000 working now? I heard it was not functional under RC2 due to some clash with the 2000 series?

I want to commit to a card (having finally upgraded to TV server and RC2) but don't want to go down a dead end.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Still waiting for a reply on this, does anyone have any info about IR blasting sky, or using the svideo in on the hvr2200? The wiki page on this issue is empty.
    Hey there,
    We've just got a HVR-2200 and all the other gear, and a svideo cable from sky. I also have a MCE remote which has 2 IR blasters.
    Now, how does this blasting thing work? I imagine you map 'virtual channels' or something which then blast a command when you switch to them and switch input to svideo?
    Also a guide i've seen for MCE shows both IR blasters put above and below the IR receiver on the STB, is this needed or can i put one on another device?
    Still waiting on replacement motherboard, but i want to know what to do when im setting it all up.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all, is the HVR-4000 working now?
    Why do you want HVR4000? It's got no hardware encoder for the analog side which basically makes the analog side unusable. And you can only use one at a time. i.e. DVB-S, DVB-T or analog not all at the same time. What are your reeqiuments DVB-S,T or analog? What slot(s) do you have available. It's gonna cost you more but if you can you should get separate cards you should. (All INHO:) )

eXDee: See if this is any of help:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/uk-skytv-set-top-box-40768/
    Once you work it all out can you fill up the wiki? :D

Ramjet99

Portal Member
    June 22, 2007
    WELLINGTON
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks McRaenz, I was tempted by the 4-in-1 capabilities, but understand it's no good unless there's hardware encoding.

Bascially I have Sky Digital and want to keep that but would like to tap into Freeview HD as well.

I have both PCI and PCI express slots free (using a gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H MOBO) in my case so can get 2 cards if really needed but WAF will not permit mistakes ;-)

I'll scratch the HVR4000

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looking at the price difference between the HVR3000/4000 ($140 and $194 respectively on Tastech) I am unsure, why people want the 4000 anyway. All it provides over the 3000 is DVB-S2 capabilties and as I understand, we are a very long way off every getting free-to-air -S2 in NZ, if ever. So doesn't the 3000 provide all the options (say couples with an HVR2200) that you will ever need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom