Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (9 Viewers)

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Don't care about prime or other analogue. I'm trying to get Sky (svideo) going well, and that means not dying every time i change channel.

Already asking for offers on PCI cards.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can set myself rules of do's and don'ts
    No, if there is a bug it needs to be fixed. I won't have a chance to try to re-produce for a while as I'm away but In the mean time please log a FULL bug report. Also please fill up your system specs section in your profile. btw are you running vista or xp?

This is the great thing about community software, there is a chance to be heard and get things fixed, but we do need to put in as much effort as possible so that the developer just need to go in and fix it. :)

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well it seemed no one was worried too much since i posted a thread with logs in the support forum and got no response. The logs though might not be right for the HVR2200 issue though because they were when mediaportal froze up and the logger window automatically popped up.

I'll reproduce the problem tomorrow and get logs.

Also please fill up your system specs section in your profile. btw are you running vista or xp?
    I already had, it says XP SP3 in there. I forgot to click the display in profile option.

Hutchingm

August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't care about prime or other analogue. I'm trying to get Sky (svideo) going well, and that means not dying every time i change channel.

Already asking for offers on PCI cards.
    eXDee, I am also trying to get sky in from the STB connected to the Svideo input of a PVR-500. I use a Nova T500 for Freeview in no problem. How are you doing the channel changing on the external sky STB. I currently have a MCE IR Blaster working to change Sky channels out of GB-PVR, but I'd rather use MediaPortal & can't figure out how to "Blast" out of TV-Server.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems confusing at first, since there are so many different programs in the installer, but after setting it up its pretty simple. You use IR Server Suite plugin, which is installed on the TV server, as well as each MP client if needed.
    Read the posts in this thread, it explains it pretty well. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/uk-skytv-set-top-box-40768/
    If you need any help on i can try and help out.

shacknasty

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is anyone else (using dvb-t) having problems with tv1 and 2 and glitches in the bottom half of the stream? my tv3 is still fine but in the last week tv1 and 2 have both developed this problem. nothing else has changed and my hardware freeview decoder isnt having the same problem. The glitches are in the recorded files and also while watching live.

any ideas?

Adsman

July 17, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Compatible DVB-T Tuner

Hi all,

I'm new here, and I need some help :)

I am looking to find an internal PCI based DVB-T tuner card for a new HTPC machine.

I will not be using satellite, just wanting to pick up and record Freeview in Wellington.

I guess I would like a dual digital model so I can record two shows at once.

I will be using a 780G based mobo, 4600 X2, running Vista Home Prem.

Can you guys make a suggestion?

Cheers

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all,

I'm new here, and I need some help :)

I am looking to find an internal PCI based DVB-T tuner card for a new HTPC machine.

I will not be using satellite, just wanting to pick up and record Freeview in Wellington.

I guess I would like a dual digital model so I can record two shows at once.

I will be using a 780G based mobo, 4600 X2, running Vista Home Prem.

Can you guys make a suggestion?

Cheers

Howdy,

the Hauppauge HVR1100 is a good, PCI based, DVB-T tuner - only a single tuner though. If you have a spare PCI-e x1 slot, the Hauppauge HVR2200 is a good dual tuner. I use them both, in Wellington, work well.

Adsman

July 17, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks man, I will take a look at the 2200 seeing as the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H has a PCIE slot I can use.

:D

OK, I have had a look at the 2200 on Ascent.co.nz, and the number of connectivity options on it look fantastic

Looks to be a hybrid tuner however, which isn't really what I am after :(

A little bit of digging found the Nova T 500HD - which is dual digital, comes with a remote, etc

Has anyone got any experience with this card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom