Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

Growler

Portal Member
August 8, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

That sounds like a nail on the head right there.

Now not being a hardware guru with pcs, i can make a comp but im by no means a pro. My mobo has 2 x PCIEx16 and 2xPCIEx1, GPU is in 16 slot 1 and DVB was forced into 1 slot 2 due to fan on GPU etc and is very very close to one another

Can i put my GPU in 16 slot 2 and then put my tv card in 1 slot 1? or wil a 1x pcie card still work in a 16 time slot and i could drop it down a slot.

Mobo pic attached for reference. Have also updated my specs as best as i can remember while im at work.

1266_l.jpg

** Ok it seems i can run my x1 in a x16 slot, all i need to do is find out if I can run my GPU from 16 slot 2 and that will give me the greatest distance between the 2 cards (GPU & DVB-T)

AlanR

Portal Member
March 8, 2008
Napier
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have been following this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-talk-233/xbmc-python-script-36590/ that discusses running client/server between a MediaPortal TV Server and a client on an XBOX running XBMC. The posters talk about grabbing the associated files from the SVN and the assumption is that we all know where this is. Sadly I haven’t a clue and all my searches to date have been fruitless. I posted a request for help in the thread but no one so far has been forth coming. Can any of you tell me where the SVN repository for python plugins/scripts is? (And probably how to use it.)
Thanks.

dingbatt

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
RF interference

Lag gone!

gpu in pcie 16 slot 2, and dvbt in pcie1 slot 1, the max distance i can put in, all chans running in hd beauty..... ahhh time to enjoy the splendor. Tghanks to all that helped :D

:D:D:D

Hi. I posted the original GZ thread quoted by McRaenz. For those without the luxury of 2 PCI-E16 slots on their MoBo, you can determine if it is RF interference by building a simple shield. I did it by putting some kitchen foil in a plastic envelope (like a CD comes in) and put it between the GPU and the tuner.:D

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Since asking elsewhere obviously doesn't work, what do i do about the "cannot start timeshift" error that the hvr-2200 gets when you switch channels enough?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    eXdee, im guessing you have already setup the card as a hybrid tuner.

some things i would try to try and guess where the problem lies.
    1. Disable all tuners except 1x digital tuner, see if you still get the problem.
    2. Perhaps channel changing is not the problem. Do a test where you leave the TV on channel 1 for 1 hour, without doing anything else, this will tell you if your system is stable on channel 1. Then do the same thing for each channel, perhaps you can isolate the problem that way. You could also try this test by just previewing a channel in TV Server setup for 1hour and see if it crashes or not.
    3. Maybe its the analog channel that is causing the problem, try deleting all the analog channels
    4. Wipe your operating system, then install the bare MINIMUM number of drivers and programs, see if that solves the problem.
    5. Trying different H264 codecs or try turning off hardware acceleration in PDVD8.

I think you shoudl try #5, turning of H.A. first in the PDVD8 settings.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, i did some testing.
    I disabled both analogue tuners and switched between digital channels. Recorded one and watched 3. Recorded 3 and one and watched c4. All worked fine, so nothing wrong in that department

Enabled a single analogue tuner so now the enabled card setup looks like (also in order of priority)
    Hybrid 1
    --DVB-T
    Hybrid 2
    --Analogue
    --DVB-T

Heres what i did, what the source is, what happened and which hybrid im guessing its using
    Recorded One (DVB-T) - Works (Hybrid 1)
    Switched to TV3 (DVB-T) - Works (Hybrid 2)
    Switched to TVNZ6 (DVB-T) - Works (Hybrid 1, possibly 2 - same mux as One)
    Switched to Analogue TV2 - Works (Hybrid 2)
    Switched to Sky (svideo) - Works (Hybrid 2)
    Switched to TV3 (DVB-T) - Timeshift Error (Can't use Hybrid 2)
    Switched to TV2 (DVB-T) - works (same mux as TV1 which is still recording) (Hybrid 1)
    Stopped recording (Hybrid 1)
    Switched to TV3 (DVB-T) - Works again (Hybrid 1)
    Switched to TV2 (DVB-T) - Works (Hybrid 1)
    Switched to Analogue TV1 - Timeshift Error (Can't use Hybrid 2)
    Switched to Sky (svideo) - Timeshift Error (Can't use Hybrid 2)

It seems switching from analogue to DVB-T will kill that hybrid tuner completely - as you may notice after going analogue i can no longer use Hybrid 2 which it was obviously using. As soon as recording TVOne stops, it frees up Hybrid 1 allowing me to tune DVB-T again on other muxes, but hybrid 2 is still dead. For some reason using analogue will kill the DVB-T tuner, and then the analogue tuner after you change channel.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not that i would want to watch two, but others in the family often have both something on one and 3. It's just i dont want them running into problems and complaining about it. I can set myself rules of do's and don'ts for what will work and what won't, but i don't want to have to do that for everyone else since they will forget it or complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom