Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd personally get a HVR2200, it's newer than a Nova T500, sure it's hybrid, that's just because it happens to have a decent analog side which the NovaT doesn't; it's still a dual tuner DVB-T card.

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Any 7C/SBS users having trouble with SBS?

Hi mcraenz,

Sorry to resurrect an old post but I've been struggling with SBS not working for weeks now (in hindsight probably from about the same time you have!). MP system freezes when switching to SBS and I have to terminate the process. &C still coming through great.

I tried to ask for help in the TV Server support forum (with appropriate logs just after a crash) but no-ones interested.

Did you solve this? I thought it might be due to the mid-late 2008 phase-out of the Version 1 Aurora cards (in exchange for the version 5's). What do you think?

Cheers
    Rich

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mid-late 2008 phase-out of the Version 1 Aurora cards
    Yeah I think this is it, I spoke to a guy who said he would put my card in his STB overnight and see that revives it, I'm yet to send my card to him so he can do that but I'll let you know how I get on.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Question for HVR-2200 owners - does anyone have analogue/digital switching working at all?
    I have a feeling my bug report is going to disappear down the list, and it's frustrating, especially when others in the house ask why the HTPC still doesn't work as intended. Is there anything at all i can do? (apart from switching to GB-PVR which means wasting all the work i've done)

I'm thinking i'm going to have to buy another tuner card just for analogue which is a pain in the ass.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    eXDee: I'll try to reproduce this bug as soon as I can, my major difference is that I'm running vista. Not sure if you're in a position to that or not In any cases it provides benefits over XP. i.e. EVR is very nice beautiful. In any case if I can reproduce the problem then I'll *try* to do some debugging with visual studio. But you will have to be patient :)

Ok Yep I can reproduce the problem but you would you believe what was committed to SVN today?

0001551: Hybrid cards broken - MediaPortal Bugtracker

This is committed at 19976, so unless you want to download and build from source you'll have to wait for the next weekly snap.

You see these things do get fixed by these top notch MP Devs! And your bug reports do help even if you don't necessarily get a reply.

:D :D

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Woot! Thanks mcraenz. I was just getting a bit frustrated i suppose, the MP team does do a great job.
    I'm incredibly tempted to build from source actually, but maybe i can wait till friday.

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you could always just get tortoisesvn it's a nifty download tool that downloads svn's all ready to go, i use it in the skin section a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom