Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (37 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi. I don't think you will get hardware accleration working on TV6+7 under XP. The problem is with the ATI drivers not working properly with interlaced content. I had previous tried display driver 8.52 from the 8.8 beta drivers and that was still buggy although the picture was less scrambled. Im currently just using CoreAVC for live TV and MPC-HC (Built in H.A.) for 720P/1080P mkv files. CoreAVC is fairly good with a AMD X2 4200+ i get the occasional stutter on TV3 with a fast pan, my girlfriend can't notice it, but i can.

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you verify that you can watch Freeview TV3 with only about 5-10% cpu useage, and then switch over to watch Freeview C4/TVNZ6/TVNZ7 without any picture artifacts?

Yes channel changes work fine to those channels, my CPU sits around 20%-25% as my HD audio decoding takes up 5% alone, and various other programs (e.g. skype & skypemate) all contribute. However with HA not enabled i notice a significant rise in CPU (more like 40%)

brena

Portal Member
    May 24, 2008
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Everyone!

:D for all the help in this thread - very helpful! I'm sure I have read the whole thing today :D

Here's a trap for young players - one to be careful of maybe - took me a day or three to figure out.

I've had MP RC2 working great with DVB-S and decided to try DVB-T so bought a HVR4000 and set up everything pretty well. Most channels were working great, hardware acceleration doing the business, low cpu usage and all, but the HD Demo and Maori TV channels would have a clear picture but super slow frame rate. They would play for a second or two then freeze for about 5 before continuing again for a second or two, repeat...

I figured it must be a codec thing or something similar - not so much a signal problem as the other channels were great. Begin wild goose chase.

After a few days trying just about everything without any success I noticed in TV Server card channel scanning section there are 2 transmitters for Hawkes Bay (where I am). The drop down list cuts off the full name so a bit hard to tell where they are. It would seem I was on the wrong one. Switched it over, scanned again - bingo! All channels working perfectly.

On the bright side I now know a LOT more about getting MP to work on Freeview HD :rolleyes:

Hope this helps someone save a day or three :)

jkwnz

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Stutter

Just thought I'd thank you guys (and Growler) for resolving my stuttering problem.

I've had the dreaded stuttering issue since upgrading to RC2. The liveTV stutters every 5 seconds or so and the TSwriter log shows lots of continuity errors which as people have mentioned is a signal issue.
    I have direct line of sight to Waiatarua only 7km away.

Reading another thread someone has suggested signal noise (EMI) from the video card. The Avermedia Super 007 PCI digital tuner was installed next to the MSI 8500GT video PCI-E card (in a Dell 531s).

At a loss to solve the problem I swapped the wifi card for the tuner. Placing the wifi card (with its emi shield) between the tuner and the video card. And... in the last 3 hours or watching... seamless video...

Seems obvious now...:D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you verify that you can watch Freeview TV3 with only about 5-10% cpu useage, and then switch over to watch Freeview C4/TVNZ6/TVNZ7 without any picture artifacts?

Yes channel changes work fine to those channels, my CPU sits around 20%-25% as my HD audio decoding takes up 5% alone, and various other programs (e.g. skype & skypemate) all contribute. However with HA not enabled i notice a significant rise in CPU (more like 40%)

is your HVR2200 Tuner sitting in the PCI-Ex1 or PCI-Ex16 slot?

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone ever had issues with an Antec Fusion Power supply? Mine seems a bit flaky sometimes working sometimes not?

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    DVB-S, occasional picture, jumpy sound...

Hey guys... Thought this rather active thread could help me out, pulling my hair out here..

I"m trying to get DVB-S going on my mediaportal... I've had Freeview HD (DVB-T) going for months now on my Gigabyte MA78GM (with HW acceleration I may add with minimal flicker) and have fully customised the system, full EPG the lot... But I am completely stumped on DVB-S...

I've got all the channels, even the sky ones (though encrypted) showing in mediaportal but when I go to view the Freeview ones all I get is the occasional picture, little bit of movement then massive pause.... The sound is a little more consistant though is also choppy... I'm running the latest SVN for both Server and Client, using Cyberlink codecs for the H264 (not thiat this matters with SD channels, right?).... Using ffdShow for everything else... My processor is fine with the load and using CCC 8.7...

Please, if I'm missing anything completely obvious, like I havn't got a crusual codec installed or something, any ehlp would be much appreciated.... :)

Thanks.. :confused: :D

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys... Thought this rather active thread could help me out, pulling my hair out here..

I"m trying to get DVB-S going on my mediaportal... I've had Freeview HD (DVB-T) going for months now on my Gigabyte MA78GM (with HW acceleration I may add with minimal flicker) and have fully customised the system, full EPG the lot... But I am completely stumped on DVB-S...

I've got all the channels, even the sky ones (though encrypted) showing in mediaportal but when I go to view the Freeview ones all I get is the occasional picture, little bit of movement then massive pause.... The sound is a little more consistant though is also choppy... I'm running the latest SVN for both Server and Client, using Cyberlink codecs for the H264 (not thiat this matters with SD channels, right?).... Using ffdShow for everything else... My processor is fine with the load and using CCC 8.7...

Please, if I'm missing anything completely obvious, like I havn't got a crusual codec installed or something, any ehlp would be much appreciated.... :)

Thanks.. :confused: :D

Have you tried using a different codec for MPEG2 (which is what the DVB-S stream is)? You should have lots of options, try the Microsoft one or the built-in one and see if that works.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tried all the different codecs... Hey could it be signal quality... My Signal level shows up as 100% while doing the scans but I do not see any signal quality come?

Anyone ever had issues with an Antec Fusion Power supply? Mine seems a bit flaky sometimes working sometimes not?

Not at all... I've had the opportunity to build many Antec systems, both Fusion and their cute little cube boxes.. If any thing., in my experience of computer building, The ANTEC's are right up their with their reliability and quality build.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey could it be signal quality
    Yea sounds like it.

My Signal level shows up as 100% while doing the scans

Yeah, don't pay too much attention to the signal levels, all drivers report this differently. What sort of DVB-S card do you have? What dish are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom