Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

Adsman

July 17, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks all round

Just want to say :D to both Jeditrav and Mcraenz for their help on choosing a tuner card!

Picked an HVR2200 up as soon as you suggested it, and will try it out when it arrives.

Thanks again guys.

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Started getting all the stuff together to compile from source, but the installer takes ages, and i still need to get like 500mb of SDK's. I'll just wait 2 days. Unless someone wants to compile it for me?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    500mb of SDK's
    For what? you shouldn't? Only if you want to compile the directshow filters luckily pre-compiled binaries for these are included in svn. So really you just need to compile MediaPortal and then compile TVServer&TVClient. :)

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just realised i have MSBuild. I didn't have MSHTML so i downloaded the dll, and it compiled with 42 warnings.
    However compiling TV server has no documentation and it seems you have to do several things seperately? Just TVLibrary alone compiled with just under 700 warnings so i think im doing it wrong. I don't want to muck things up so i think i'm just going to wait, this is a bit over my head.

Hutchingm

August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems confusing at first, since there are so many different programs in the installer, but after setting it up its pretty simple. You use IR Server Suite plugin, which is installed on the TV server, as well as each MP client if needed.
    Read the posts in this thread, it explains it pretty well. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/uk-skytv-set-top-box-40768/
    If you need any help on i can try and help out.
    Thanks eXDee, the other thread gave the clues & IR Server Suite seems to be the ticket. I can't , however, get it to work using the standard eHome driver for the IR Blaster. The learned IR codes elicit any response from my Motorola STB. THe IR output LED flashes away, but no action. What soes work for me is to use the MCE replacement driver & in IRServer Suite run an external command for each number I want to blast. The external commands is MceIrPlay & I send individual numbers ( prereocrded with MceIrRec). IT works, but is very messy. Any ideas why the IRServer Suite won't work as intended, learning from the SKY remote directly ?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    eXDee: Ingnore the warnings as long as it builds that's fine. You have to compile TVServer and TVPlugin Projects, to compile TVPlugin you have to have complied MediaPortal first.

btw when you have some time can you fill up a the NZ Wiki section for Sky+baster setup, this is something that comes up regularly and since you have experience. That is if you're in for the long hall ;-):D

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems confusing at first, since there are so many different programs in the installer, but after setting it up its pretty simple. You use IR Server Suite plugin, which is installed on the TV server, as well as each MP client if needed.
    Read the posts in this thread, it explains it pretty well. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/uk-skytv-set-top-box-40768/
    If you need any help on i can try and help out.
    Thanks eXDee, the other thread gave the clues & IR Server Suite seems to be the ticket. I can't , however, get it to work using the standard eHome driver for the IR Blaster. The learned IR codes elicit any response from my Motorola STB. THe IR output LED flashes away, but no action. What soes work for me is to use the MCE replacement driver & in IRServer Suite run an external command for each number I want to blast. The external commands is MceIrPlay & I send individual numbers ( prereocrded with MceIrRec). IT works, but is very messy. Any ideas why the IRServer Suite won't work as intended, learning from the SKY remote directly ?
    Heh, accidentally clicked thanks instead of quote. Ah well.

I can't really give much advice on this since my only experience is with the pace DSR-600 stb. So when you learn a command and hit test, it sends it back and nothing happens? You'd be best asking IR Server suite specific questions perhaps in the thread on it i'd say.

@mcraenz: theres about 8 sln files in the TV server svn, a couple are from plugins but im not sure which one is actually TV server itself. As i said i'll wait till the weekly SVN is done because i'll probably break something knowing my luck anyway.
    I'll add to the wiki some time. First i want to get everything working flawlessly.

madad

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys, bought myself an HVR2200 and I can tune all the channels using a UHF aerial in my basement attached directly (fell off roof in last storm!).

But some channels are awful (green screen, no picture). Do I need to tune differently? I tuned off the waitaks.. or do I need to use an aerial on my roof?

Cheers for any help.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey madad, You really do need to have good reception what you're describing is almost certainly a signal problem. A good way to test to check what you "Prime" picture on analog is like; if you can get a good clear picture on prime then the digital channels should work well. Also can you fill up your system specs so we can rule out a hardware/codec problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom