Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (12 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have an issue with timeshifting on my setup however I thought I should ask whether this is by design or not..
    The timeshift buffer is deleted after the program ends so I cant see that program that was on earlier i.e. missing the weather but Campbell live is in and you cant rewind 10 mins despite the timeshifting
    Is this normal or have a missed something?
    Thanks
    I don't think this should happen, you should be able to go back as far as you have been watching(time shifting)

My card has digital and analogue receivers so that side of it should be ok. Problem is it doesn't pick up Prime on auto search and when I entered in the frequencies manually I got a picture but no sound.
    What MPEG2 codec are you using? What version of mediaportal are you running i.e are you running the latest SVN?

sylvester1

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Solved Tv1-3 and C4 on a low spec system with HD3850 AGP

After a bit of a battle I have beaten TV1,2,3 and finally C4, TV6, 7 etc. into submission. Just a post for your information on my settings in case any of you are struggling:

I have a Windows XP, Mediaportal RC2 with latest SVN (mediaportal-svn-09-06-2008--11-16-Rev20143.rar). Hardware is a 3Ghz P4, 2 Gb DDR and a couple of sata drives and one ata for recording. I use one of the sata drives for timeshifting. Graphics is on a Sapphire HD3850 AGP and TV card is Nova-T-500

My main problem was that using the Cyberlink Powercinema h.264 decoder (it came free with my Nova card) in MP I could only receive TV1,2 and 3. C4 would completely lock up the machine.
    However, if I used CoreAVC (which I bought) I could watch C4 no problem but the machine really struggled with TV1-3. This seemed to be due to overloading the processor (bouncing off 100% usage). Basically, I needed the Cyberlink decoder to use the hardware acceleration on the graphics card but there seemed to be a problem with the interlaced modes that C4 uses.

So as a last ditch attempt to get things going, I downloaded the free trial version of PowerDVD 8 and told MP to use that h.264 decoder instead. And magic, it all now works fine!

I'm not sure if I am going to have to buy the decoder in 30 days (end of the free trial) but hopefully not as I've not even opened PowerDVD and don't intend to use it. If I do need to shell out $50 then its cheaper than the other option of new motherboard, processor and graphics card!

Other settings are:

MPEG2 decoder: Cyberlink video /SP decoder (PDVD8)
    H.264 decoder: Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder(PDVD8)
    Audio decoder: bitcontrol mpeg2 audio decoder
    LATM: monogram
    Audio renderer: default directsound device
    Deinterlace mode: bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the options for VMR9 selected and gaussian quad filtering.
    If you need any more specs, reply to this thread and I'll do my best to help.

Have a good one!
    Sylvester

sylvester1

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How does it handle switching back and forth between TV1,2,3 and C4?

What's the version of the Catalyst drivers you are using?

It switches fine (a second or so time lag) but it hasn't completely failed to switch yet. Catalyst drivers are 8.8 but not the ones from ATI as they wouldn't recognise my card. I eventually worked out I should get them from the manufacturer direct: Sapphire Technology - drivers
    They have a patched version that works with the Sapphire HD3850.

The only thing I have noticed as a problem is that when I try to set up two recordings at the same time on two different channels, MP now reports this as a conflict (it never used to and the card has dual tuners). I just told it to ignore the conflict and it record both sides without problem. Just a minor difference / bug.

Good luck

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for that. Catalyst 8.8 (and 8.7) don't work for me with XP and my 780g motherboard. But it's nice to know that some ATI h/w does. Gives me some hope that a future driver update might work....

:D

PHansen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just thought I’d mention to everyone that I’ve been reading a thread over on the SageTV forums and it seems like Erik from ComSkip has a very near solution to the h.264 problem we seem to have with the existing versions of ComSkip. Here’s hoping that it shouldn’t be too much longer to wait and freeview can be dealt with properly.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Can someone confirm for me that we can actually receive 5.1 signals with freeview hd in NZ? I'm using a hauppauge dvb-t card and whilst I can watch HD it all seems to come through as stereo. I'm using Powerdvd8 to decode the h264 stream and am using analog outputs on my motherboard to get 5.1 signals out, which works great for dvd content etc.

I'm thinking I must have misconfigured pdvd or something. Do they only broadcast 5.1 for the shows that are broadcast in HD?

Cheers

I would also like to know this. I seem to be getting 5.1 sound from HD shows on TV3, but no 5.1 on HD shows on TV1 TV2.

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MCE Buddy Error - Anyone seen it?

I'm trying to use MCE Buddy to compress my TV show recordings..... It used to work with Vista Media Center but I keep getting this error when it tries to convert.....

MCEBuddy starts to encode a recording and then goes back to idle after a few seconds. I then get a vista error saying "MPLayer - Movie player has stopped working".

If I look in the vista event log I see...

Faulting application mencoder.exe, version 0.0.9.0, time stamp 0x470b8091, faulting module mencoder.exe, version 0.0.9.0, time stamp 0x470b8091, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00257a02, process id 0xaf0, application start time 0x01c91265a720eec0.

If anyone can help with this I would be SOOOOO in your debt....... :)

handya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    does anyone know how to put the tv logos into media portal, i just reinstalled rc1 and i cant remember how to do it :D
    cheers

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    On Xp: c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv
    On Vista: c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom