Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

BuckoNZ

Portal Member
November 7, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Huckster2 -
I managed to track down the MPC-HC codec's (I think), registered them, rebooted my PC and then configured MP to use the MPC codec for H.264. No decernable difference

5Hundred -
How do you configure a codec to use hardware acceleration? It's my understanding that the MPC-HC d=codec does support hardware acceleration, however I would have no idea whether it's configured or not.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Haven't been flowing this discussion about MP-HC but be aware, just because you select a codec in MP config and everything works it doesn't necessarily mean MP is using that codec. The only way to know for sure is to use grahpedit and connect to the graph while the media is playing and see what MP is using. Or you can unregister any other h.264 codec and see if MP still works!

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In MP configuration there is a section to configure the codec, have a look you'll find it about 3 down from TV configuration stem

and you can start Powerdvd and configure there also under settings and video, but pretty sure that you should set it from within MP

Mcraenz is right though, once you think you've got it right best to check with graphedit

* edit - just noticed in another discussion that mpc-hc may not give HA for our h264 transmissions, so again suggest you try powerdvd

BuckoNZ

Portal Member
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok... I have no idea how to use GrahEdit, however I think I got it going and you were right... according to the graph 'ffdirectshow' was being used and not the MPC codec. However, I have congigured MP to use the MPC codec - how can I force it to stop using 'ffdirectshow'!?

Also, I found the option to use EVR - I had to turn advanced options on.

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i think it's using ffdirectshow because mpc is not able to be used, you cant force mp to use a codec that wont work.

try powerdvd8 trial and configure mp to use that

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No one seems to have any ideas as to why Prime no longer records since changing to RC3...

attachment.php

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bleazle You might be best to start a separate thread for this, other users of MP won't be checking this thread as it appears to relate to NZ only matters (of course in reality everything is discussed here!)

Maybe someone elsewhere in the world is having this problem and has a solution.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    5Hundred - did that (under TV Server 3 Bug Reprting) - 50 odd views to date - no replies :mad: As you say everything is covered in this thread (the longest on the internet??) and there's a lot of knowledgeable people here (grease grease :D ) so it's always a good place to start...

Anyone got a spare piece of number 8 wire? that'll fix it!! :D

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Prime records for me with an hvr-2200 on RC3. Have you tried a full rebuild?
    -Uninstall all MP/TVServer
    -Delete TVServer Dataases
    -Delete C:\program files\Team-MediaPortal
    -Delete c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Team-MediaPortal
    -Re-install everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom