Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
Interesting . . .

I can stream SD from Satellite card fine but have no luck for DVB-T streams. Any idea how much bandwidth an HD stream is using?

i think it only uses 10mbit, not much, i might be your front end cant handle it, you may need to get a graphics card that can decode h.264, what are your specs?

Yah you might need to up spec your client a bit. To play HD you need a decent hardware decoder or CPU, even on the client side.

One of my clients has a E6400 and a 8800GT with 4gb of RAM. Should be mint :p

thom

October 22, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
hmmm...interesting...I can't test coz my client is too crappy but there is a bug report about it: 0001440: Playing back h264 recording on RTSP client results in black screen. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I'm having a problem that has these symptoms (black screen, no sound). Is it possible that my client just can't handle it?
client specs: Athlon64 3500+, 2Gb RAM, GeForce 7600GT and using the PDVD8 H.264 codec. I'm using RC3 and had the same problem on RC2.

The client receives the EPG data from the server, so a connection is being made.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
hmmm...interesting...I can't test coz my client is too crappy but there is a bug report about it: 0001440: Playing back h264 recording on RTSP client results in black screen. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I'm having a problem that has these symptoms (black screen, no sound). Is it possible that my client just can't handle it?
client specs: Athlon64 3500+, 2Gb RAM, GeForce 7600GT and using the PDVD8 H.264 codec. I'm using RC3 and had the same problem on RC2.

The client receives the EPG data from the server, so a connection is being made.

Those specs look fine to run HDTV on. I think its media portal to be honest. Still waiting more feedback.

Futher more, I just did some testing with VLC Player. Seems I can connect to DVB-T stream using that, but still no luck with MP..

Phatbloke

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi

Has anyone been able to compress or convert H.264 recordings from the TS file? I recorded a HD copy of Rove the other night and I have tried tons of progs tonight with all complaining about the video stream.
I would like to put it on a DVD to give to a friend but am stumped how to get it into any format Nero will recognise to burn.

Any ideas

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Has anyone been able to compress or convert H.264 recordings from the TS file? I recorded a HD copy of Rove the other night and I have tried tons of progs tonight with all complaining about the video stream.
    I would like to put it on a DVD to give to a friend but am stumped how to get it into any format Nero will recognise to burn.

Any ideas

The latest SVN of Handbrake does a good job of dealing with Freeview files. Personally i have been looking for a way to convert to MPEG2 however so I can edit music videos, and havn't had any luck. I found a program called Super which almost work, but I get video with no audio track no matter what audio codec I try.

However if you just want to compress the file, and leave it in H.264 format (say a .mkv) then Handbrake is the way to go.

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Newbie question : HVR-3000 receiving TV3 (1080i)

Hi everyone:

I'm a relative newbie here with regards to Freeview/HD on MP. Have been using MP since Dec 2006, first started off on analog using a Hauppauge MCE-150 as my capture card, then recently (August 2008) swapped it out for a HVR-3000 mainly for the DVB-T features (primarily intended to watch the Olympics).

I had it running fine initially, initially under MP 1.0RC2, and it worked well receiving all Freeview|HD channels - TV1, TV2, TV3, etc including TVNZ Sports Extra and Parliament TV. Picture quality looks OK to me, on TV1's 720P, and even TV3's 1080i looks fine as well, with the occassional pixelation (not a big issue then). I couldn't get analog to work on the HVR-3000.

Now, the months passed, and the only "major" change I've made to my system was upgrading it to MP 1.0 RC3, plus upgrading to the latest ffdshow and installing FLV Splitter. Now, all of a sudden, my system struggles to receive and display TV3 on HD - the 1080i signal is rubbish, totally unwatcheable. TV1 & 2 remains fine, even the latest ChineseTV works fine. Plus, I can now get analog to work on my HVR-3000!

So, question is, has anything changed, or something is wrong with my system?

I'm running XP SP2, on a Shuttle SN27P2, video card is the Gigabyte 7300GS and using the HVR-3000 as capture card. As I'm using a Shuttle, I only have 1x free PCI slot next to the PCI-e slot, hence I can't have a more powerful graphics card otherwise the HVR-3000 wouldn't fit. I'm also running with 2 Gigs of RAM. And I use CoreAVC as the H264 decoder. And of course MP 1.0RC3.

Anyone has any ideas or suggestions what I could do?

Thanks.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @wlgspotter - maybe reformat time

Im contemplating this also. With RC1 and pretty much nothing else installed i booted to MP screen in 35s from shutdown. Now its well over a minute.
    I think with a HTPC after trialling what works and what doesn't its a good idea to write down only what you need, format and then only install those things.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey, I had some real strange problem in MP RC3 after applying the latest SVN, I tried rolling back but it didn't help. e.g. When ever I stopped a video or a channel the screen would go blank for a send then come back. Sometimes it didn't come back and I had to kill MP.

In the end I deleted (renamed) my mediaportal.xml config file and let MP re-create it. of course I had to go and re-configure all my codes, options etc but after that everything was back to normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom