Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (9 Viewers)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sorry if this has been asked/answered earlier but I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems recording SKY TV (in my case through a Hauppauge PVR 150) since upgrading to RC3? I only use the Sky decoder to get Prime. Since changing to RC3 everything looks good under Recorded TV - i.e. show name, info, record time etc shows but nothing actually records - any ideas?

Note: Last night I hit record while watching Prime on Live TV (what's that? :D ) and it recorded fine but when I turned it off and then set record for a show later on nothing recorded once again...

Let me know if there are any logs I can post which might give you more info (and where to find them :oops: )

Thanks

Dave

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i think it only uses 10mbit, not much, i might be your front end cant handle it, you may need to get a graphics card that can decode h.264, what are your specs?

Yah you might need to up spec your client a bit. To play HD you need a decent hardware decoder or CPU, even on the client side.

One of my clients has a E6400 and a 8800GT with 4gb of RAM. Should be mint :p

Hi mate just been fiddling around setting up a bedroom client on an old 15inch LCD. Build it into my bedside cabinet by the way :D. Had a problem with stuttering/jamming h.264 feeds. The problem turned out to be that I had installed the chipset (ati) graphics drivers and had forgotten to remove them before installing my nvdia 9400gt card+drivers. Did a clean install, forwent installing the onboard gfx drivers and viola! Problem solved.

By the way, sorry if its been mentioned but is anyone having issues with lack of audio on prime? Have tried the available audio decoder options in MP config to no avail. Have latest ffdshow. Using Hauppuage HVR2200 to receive.

Cheers,
Matt

Has anyone tried the new philips remotes?
PB Technologies Auckland - Computers - Laptops - Hardware Components - Software

Seem to be MCE compatible, look pretty nice, plus I like the fact that they are RF not IR.

Cheers,
Matt

BuckoNZ

Portal Member
November 7, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

I am wondering whether someone from New Zealand can post screenshots of their MediaPortal configuration. I recently performed a clean install of my Media Centre PC and installed MediaPortal.

It picked up all the channels but doesn't play them very well - completely unwatchable and pixelated to hell.

Also, I was told that with MediaPortal I could use the Hauppauge remote control "out of the box". I have selected the Hauppauge remote in the options, but it doesn't seem to work.

My setup is:

MS Vista Home Premium SP1
Core 2 Duo E6300
2GB DDR2 800 RAM
nVidia 8500GT VGA card
Hauppauge HVR-4000 with DVB-T only

Cheers,
BuckoNZ.

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I am wondering whether someone from New Zealand can post screenshots of their MediaPortal configuration. I recently performed a clean install of my Media Centre PC and installed MediaPortal.

It picked up all the channels but doesn't play them very well - completely unwatchable and pixelated to hell.

Also, I was told that with MediaPortal I could use the Hauppauge remote control "out of the box". I have selected the Hauppauge remote in the options, but it doesn't seem to work.

My setup is:

MS Vista Home Premium SP1
    Core 2 Duo E6300
    2GB DDR2 800 RAM
    nVidia 8500GT VGA card
    Hauppauge HVR-4000 with DVB-T only

Cheers,
    BuckoNZ.

Without knowing any details, I would say the most likely issue is signal quality. To help with that can you let us know:

- where are you
    - what is your aerial like
    - what is your Prime reception like

As far at the remote goes, yes it should work. Maybe try with some different software, such as the Hauppauge software, to see where the issue lies.

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To get the Hauppauge Remote to go, make sure you have installed the Hauppauge IR Suite software (Part of the Hauppauge Install) & that it is running.

BuckoNZ

Portal Member
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    amphibem - My reception is fine. I could get a picture, no problems at all when using PowerCinema, so I'm confident that this isn't the issue. It wouldn't surprise me whether I don't quite have some of my settings right and seeing what others have done, might assist.

In case it helps, I'm in the greater Porirua City area.

Biggles69 - Yes, I have done that... the little Remote icon appears next to the system clock everytime I boot the PC.

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unless it's a really recent ff version, I think you might be out of luck. In fact, I'm not sure any ffdshow work with some of NZs standards. Try the MPC-HC codecs.

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Download the Powerdvd8 trial, within MP configuration, select that codec for TV & movies as your h264 codec and then (again within MP configuration) configure the codec to use hardware acceleration.

Does that make any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom