Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Prime records for me with an hvr-2200 on RC3. Have you tried a full rebuild?
-Uninstall all MP/TVServer
-Delete TVServer Dataases
-Delete C:\program files\Team-MediaPortal
-Delete c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Team-MediaPortal
-Re-install everything.

Hi mcraenz, thanks for the input, it's appreciated!

I did everything you mentioned when I installed RC# - I even uninstalled and reinstalled the SQL Server. The only thing I didn't do (manually at least) is "Delete c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Team-MediaPortal" but I used Total Uninstall to uninstall MP&TVServer so that would've picked it up (right??)

I've attached some logs which might tell you something - I don't know anything about reading them but even I can tell there's something strange going on. I recorded Home Shopping manually at around 9:10 this morning. I can do this by turning LiveTV on - record - record until manual stop (or current programme) and then turn LiveTV off. No problems there.

Then I set it to record "All Saints" a bit later - as usual nothing recorded although things look fine under RecordedTV (but *.TS file = 0bytes)

A couple of lines that stood out to me in the log files:

tv.log:
2008-11-13 10:55:09.653500 [8]: Controller: channel #2 tv : Prime Freq:0 Channel:4 Country:The Netherlands Tuner:Cable Video: SvhsInput1

- "Country:The Netherlands" :confused: I have it set to New Zealand when I scan for SVHS chanels...

TsWriter.log:

13-11-2008 10:55:10.325 Recorder: RECORD Start 'G:\TV Recordings\All Saints - Prime - 2008-11-13.ts'
13-11-2008 12:10:06.44 Recorder: RECORD Stop 'G:\TV Recordings\All Saints - Prime - 2008-11-13.ts'

...so according to this All Saints has recorded...

Another strange thing is that I have the PVR 150 set to record in MPG format (since .TS) wasn't working so why is it trying to record in TS format? :rolleyes:

I've taken out the EPG log because it was a big file and I didn't think it would be of use anyway - let me know if it's needed...

P.S. I don't want to watch any of this rubbish I've tried to record today! :D

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tv.log:
    2008-11-13 10:55:09.653500 [8]: Controller: channel #2 tv : Prime Freq:0 Channel:4 Country:The Netherlands Tuner:Cable Video: SvhsInput1

- "Country:The Netherlands" I have it set to New Zealand when I scan for SVHS chanels...

Are you getting prime via the antenna or via an STB e.g. sky? If you're getting it via antenna then you would need your input set to tuner not svhs, I doubt that's your problem though since it works for live TV. Problem is more likely related to to .mpg recording; I would say always use .ts it's been accepted as the most reliable option since TV Server stated and the size difference is negligible.

I used Total Uninstall to uninstall MP&TVServer so that would've picked it up (right??)
    Personally I'd never use a 3rd party app for uninstalling. If it didn't delete documents and settings stuff then that could well be your problem since all MpediaPortal config is stored here. or the TVServer database. Also you mentioned that you un-installed/re-installed sql server but this is probably not going help, since once you're re-installed sql server the database it self will still be there. what you need is the sql management studio express this will allow you to delete the database. Don't bother uninstalling the sql server software it self.

best to do it in this order:
    -Stop the TV Server service.
    -Uninstall all MP/TVServer from add/remove programs
    -Delete TVServer Database (with the SQL Management Studio Express)
    -Re-install everything.

:D

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm getting Prime via a Sky decoder (that's the only "Sky channel" I get)

I had the PVR 150 set to record in TS format (I use this for my DVB-S cards) but since it wasn't working I changed the setting to MPG but that didn't work either!

I did use studio express to remove the sql database and I'm pretty sure the MediaPortal settings were removed because I had to set everything up again when I installed RC3.

Anyway something obviously isn't right so I'll do another round of uninstall/installing as per your instructions this weekend and see how I get on...

I'll let you know!!

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Macrae, I have never been successful getting a PVR150 to record using the TS format. I always use the MPG format. I also have to use the PVR150 for Prime. Are you saying (in your response to Bleazle) that you are able to record in TS format using either the Tuner or the CVB Inputs on a PVR150?

Cheers Mike

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have never been successful getting a PVR150 to record using the TS format.
    Really! Strange! I use a PVR-150 to record (.ts) via s-video from a "STB" and have never had an ounce of trouble. I use vista with what ever drivers were the latest about 3 months ago when I last re-built.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...what you need is the sql management studio express this will allow you to delete the database. Don't bother uninstalling the sql server software it self.

best to do it in this order:
    -Stop the TV Server service.
    -Uninstall all MP/TVServer from add/remove programs
    -Delete TVServer Database (with the SQL Management Studio Express)
    -Re-install everything.

:D

OK, so I couldn't wait until the weekend! I did what you said but no luck - still no Prime recording (see attached logs). The uninstall didn't quite go as you noted though - here's what happened:

- Stopped TVServer - no problem
    - Uninstalled MP using TotalUninstall (The advantage of TotalUninstall is that it runs the Uninstall programme that comes with the application and then it deletes any crap left behind (in the case of MP, not much))
    - Uninstalled TVServer - it comes up with two warnings saying it will delete the SQL TV database and it was right because when I ran sql management studio express there was no database to delete :)
    - Didn't have to delete "C:\program files\Team-MediaPortal" or "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Team-MediaPortal" manually because they were already gone (I checked)

- re-installed. Now this is where things get suspicious... After re-installing I went to set up the TV Channels and was suprised to see that my 3 TV cards (2xDVB-S & the PVR 150) were all prioritised in the right order. So then I clicked on the first DVB-S card expecting to have to set up the satellite, Disq, LNB overide etc only to find that they were already correct :mad:

So I scanned for channels for the DVB-S cards and did the SVHS thing for the PVR150. Went to "Channels" and deleted the unneeded channels (Parliment TV etc!) then went looking for the SVHS#1 channel which I remembered as being Prime from when I last did this - it wasn't there (#2, #3 etc were though) so I tried clicking the "Prime" channel because it said "Sky/Analogue" alongside it - and it worked - the channels were already combined :mad:

So if the TV database & folders noted above were deleted during the uninstall (and I really did check!) where did the LNB freq. info (etc), and channel mapping info come from?? Basically I've ended up with what I started off with :rolleyes:

Any ideas??

Cheers

Dave

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't know what to tell ya, the LNB override settings are stored in the database table dbo.settings and the channel mappings are stored in dbo.channelMap :confused:

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe I should use sql management studio express to delete the TV database first, then delete MP/TV Server and then do a re-install? Worth a try I guess...

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yea and if you view the database properties you should be able to see where the database files are stored on the drive and delete those too!

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have never been successful getting a PVR150 to record using the TS format.
    Really! Strange! I use a PVR-150 to record (.ts) via s-video from a "STB" and have never had an ounce of trouble. I use vista with what ever drivers were the latest about 3 months ago when I last re-built.

Thanks Mcraenz, I will try this again. I always thought that the native MPEG2 encoder on the PVR150 pretty much demanded that we use the MPG option rather than the TS option when recording. Previous TS attempts have always ended in a failure to record. I will try it again and see what happens.

Cheers Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom