Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I was really keen to use something that works with Powerscheduler i.e. waking from sleep, grabbing the EPG and then going back to sleep again.

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Cheers for that Dave I will give comskip a go some time. Thanks for your instructions

With regard to the <Skip> button not working I've got no idea - I guess it depends on what remote you're using. I'm using MCE keyboard & remote & the skip button works on both. If you play a DVD does the <Skip> button skip chapters? If it does I would've thought it would work for Comskip too... Have you had a look under the Comskip thread? It's ages since I set it up initially but I know I didn't have to do any key mapping...

I had problems with skipping as well - solved by mapping "all conditions" to "step forward" and only then did it seem to work as expected with recorded TV. This occured with both MCE remote/keyboard and Hauppenage remote.

Cheers

Neville

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
No sound in prime.

Hi

So here's what I did: Under TV Channels, right clicked on Prime ->Edit this Channel -> Analogue (Analog) Tab, and there I saw "The Netherlands" set as the country changed that to NZ and the input to Antenna (don't think that maks any difference though) and it was sorted, Prime records! - took less than 5 seconds- DAMN!!

I had a simlar problem with Prime - I had it set to New Zealand however - and it would not find Prime
Changed it to Saouth Africa and presto there was Prime. I have no idea how all this workd but is the country info re NZ channel frequencies slightly wrong?

REgards

Neeville

Hey thanks mate you reminded me how I fixed it last time I did a fresh install.... Checked the location settings for prime in TVserver and it was set to New Caledonia... Changed to NZ and got sound yay!!!

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
..Has anyone tried the new philips remotes?
PB Technologies Auckland - Computers - Laptops - Hardware Components - Software

Seem to be MCE compatible, look pretty nice, plus I like the fact that they are RF not IR.

Cheers,
Matt

Did you end up getting one of these? They look pretty good, just want to know if all the features (search by artist etc) would work with MP. I don't really need one except for the odd occasion when I'm on my deck and don't want to have to stand up to aim the remote through the window to change the volume/song playing etc but no man can ever have too many remotes... :D

PS. When I had a look the other day they were a little bit cheaper on www.pricespy.co.nz

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
..Has anyone tried the new philips remotes?
PB Technologies Auckland - Computers - Laptops - Hardware Components - Software

Seem to be MCE compatible, look pretty nice, plus I like the fact that they are RF not IR.

Cheers,
Matt

Did you end up getting one of these? They look pretty good, just want to know if all the features (search by artist etc) would work with MP. I don't really need one except for the odd occasion when I'm on my deck and don't want to have to stand up to aim the remote through the window to change the volume/song playing etc but no man can ever have too many remotes... :D

PS. When I had a look the other day they were a little bit cheaper on PriceSpy - Compare prices for PC parts from New Zealand's online retailers

No not yet, quite happy (well mostly happy) with the MCE remotes Ive got. Like the RF bit tho...

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
22 inch LCD

Just thought Id point out to you guys that you can pick up a 22inch asus LCD for about 280+GST at the moment (got one yesterday) A Very Sharp Price.

Not into spamming at all. Just upgraded my desktop monitor and the old 19inch widescreen is now on HTPC duties in the bedroom....

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
EPG

Well i've moved into a new house which doesn't have a satellite dish :(

i've been looking around for a free xml tvguide and i think i've come across a fairly decent one here

the only problem is i'm not sure how to convert gbpvr or sage tv xml to one that is compatible with media portal, i was wondering if anyone here has any ideas?

well sorry for the double post, but i've found a really dirty work around that i'm sure atleast one other person will be interested in.

1. download and run djkxml.exe

2. you then download revens free 2.5.0.3 version of xmltvnz and extract the xmltv.dtd file into the same folder as your djkxml.exe file
3. Once you've done that just create a file called tvguide.lst in the same folder again.

once you've done those 3 things, go to tvserver config, go to plugins, tick frodos xmltv

direct the folder to wherever you've put djkxml, make sure you map your channels in the second tab and your all set to go :D

now i'm off to learn how to set up a batch file to run djkxml once a day :D

MelDi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has anyone been having issues with the EPG pulled off the freeview satellite for TV3 or C4? The reason I ask is because I have been having an interesting phenomenon where the EPG occasionally shows only dots for the name and description for these channels. At first I thought it was because I had both DVB-T and DVB-S cards and the DVB-T data was replacing that from the satellite, but having freshly installed RC4 with a new database and taking pains to make sure that the DVB-T card wasn’t grabbing EPG data, I was a bit disappointed to see that it was still happening.

The EPG populated fine for all channels initially just after the install, but not long after that I noticed that all the upcoming shows were showing nothing again. Since then, some (but not all) the shows for the next day have gone back to showing the correct details. My latest theory is maybe the data I’m pulling off the satellite might be intermittent and is replacing the information I already have, since I have MP set to refresh the EPG. This has been something I have only been seeing for the last month or so.

Does anyone else have any ideas what I might have going on?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom