Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

southern.al

Portal Member
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I didn't intend putting this online but then I thought someone else out there might want to use it so if you want to give it a go you can get it from here: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (12 Mgb)

Installation - install the font included in the zip file, then just copy the "Bleazle" folder into your skins directory.

Note: I have only used this skin in RC3/TV Server

Cheers Bleazle

I'm with you on the skins, they just don't seem to do MP the justice it deserves so I might just have a try with yours.:D

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

I seem to have lost all 1080p stations on Freeview i.e. TV3, C4 etc - all other TV stations are OK. The interesting thing is that they preview OK in TVS - it's MP client that seems to have the issue. This all worked OK in RC3. I'm using CoreAVC Codec.

Anybody else getting this issue? I have a forum runing on this.

Cheers

Graham

5Hundred

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ah so that's what the problem is...Well good news is you can already disable EPG altogether grabbing on a specific. Under TVServer\TVCards\ select the card from the right-hand pane and click edit, there you will see an option to enable/disable EPG grabbing for the card.

Only issue will be that DVB-T only channels will not have any EPG (not even now/Next). I...

I've yet to try this solution but it sounds good, thanks.

However as you suggest this means my DVB-T only channels have no EPG at all, hence my hope to have it channel specific whether EPG is grabbed by a card for a channel.

Hopefully as you suggest they'll sort their selves out regarding the EPG and this problem will simply go away. However i'm not holding my breath!

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hmmm... Not sure what caused it but recently while watching TV3 or the Test channel in Mediaportal, I get choppy audio and video!

I tried upgrading to RC4 and that didn't change it either. Any idea's? I'm using the PowerDVD 8 codec and Windows XP. CPU usage is around 10%.

Also, when using SVHS input (monitor out on my receiver) its near impossible to do anything because there's a big lag between key presses and when it appears on screen. I think this is because of timeshifting. Is there a way to just view a channel direct, with no time shifting or anything?

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm getting glitches in my picture of freeview HD. Using very latest powerdvd8 codecs with 8500GT, which are working i'm pretty sure, so thats not the issue. Updated to RC4 which is running slick as, channel changes are within a few seconds.

To be honest the mediacentre has been rejected for TV watching (mainly movies + file server actually), ive just had it recording a series for future archiving and not watching. But yesterday i was watching a program from the timeshift and i noticed i get glitches every now and then. Sometimes its very frequent, up to 3 times in 10s. Sometimes it'll go fine for 5mins before a glitch.
Also the magnitude of them changes, sometimes the audio continues and the picture freezes, sometimes you loose audio and the picture goes blocky for several seconds.

Reception problem? The iDTV upstairs has zero issues with reception. Setup is a 91 element UHF which i know isn't aligned correctly (its facing upwards slightly and to the left too much), then to a masthead amp combining with VHF, through the power injector to a splitter, which then runs to each room. Minimum of RG6 dual shield, quad shield between the wall and HVR-2200. In between the tuner and 8500GT theres a plastic bag with tinfoil 2-3 thick, to block out RF interference.

Thoughts? Is it the badly aligned antenna, even though the other TV has zero issues?

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
August 8, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
What version CoreAVC? I used to have 1.6.5.0 and had choppy video, just installed 1.8.5.0 with RC4 last night and it's fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom