Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...I presume from your screen shots you are using Tv Series? DId you have to do anything special to getg it working in terms of Filenames for recorded files etc? I got it installed OK, but when it queried the online database it didnt find anything, so prdsume its because of our EPG /or the default filename settings for files in Mediaportal.

Be inteested to know what, if anything, you do to use it.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig

I wasn't using TVSeries until I made this skin but a lot of people asked for it to be supported so I gave it another go (because like you I'd tried it before but had no luck). A lot of the series I've got are from the internet and most of those grab data easily because they're named correctly. I haven't had a chance to look too closely at TVSeries because I've been trying to get the skin done so I'm no expert but it looks like the renaming info you (we) need for recorded TV is here: Extensions-Plugins/MP-TVSeries/FAQ - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Hope that helps

Dave

Yea appears our EPG doesn't contain series or episode info, so at the moment Im manually updating what few programmes I am recording and then the TV Series works perfectly (changed the recording options to be like theTVDB site with seriesxepisode)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Thom,

Just browsing this forum and noticed your post about Shuddering on TV3 and C4. I found out that these TV stations post as 1080i, so as someone else suggested, you need a codec to run these properly. I have used CoreAVC and it's been great for all Freeview channels. Things went a bit pear shaped on these channels when I went to RC4, however I learnt that I had to set the deinterlacing option in the configuration to "Hardware" and then within Media Portal select "Best" option under Settings --> TV SetUp --> De-interlacing.

Cheers

Graham (Another Kiwi)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys,

I installed the latest 1.0 release yesterday and everything looked sweet. However this morning MP had lost connection to the TV server. It's a single seat installation so not sure what happened.

The TVService had just stopped, had to restart it.....

This is the first time this has happened to me and I shudder to think what the GF will say/do if MP doesn't record all her shows over the Christmas break.

Do you guys know where I could hunt to find the cause of the shutdown? Are there any logs? Maybe some way I can restart the service if it ever stops again?

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys,

I installed the latest 1.0 release yesterday and everything looked sweet. However this morning MP had lost connection to the TV server. It's a single seat installation so not sure what happened.

The TVService had just stopped, had to restart it.....

This is the first time this has happened to me and I shudder to think what the GF will say/do if MP doesn't record all her shows over the Christmas break.

Do you guys know where I could hunt to find the cause of the shutdown? Are there any logs? Maybe some way I can restart the service if it ever stops again?
    You may want to post this in the 'mediaportal1>get support' forum for a better response. Attach the logs: open Mediaportal configuration & at the top left is 'user config files'. Click the down arrow & click on 'open log directory'. Zip the logs & attach to your thread.

Also, if you open 'start menu>run' & type 'services.msc'. Scroll down to 'TVService' & right-click properties. Open 'recovery' tab. There are options for 'first, second & subsequent failures'. Change the default 'take no action' to 'restart the service'. On the 'subsequent failure' box it may pay to use 'restart the computer' option until you can get the issue sorted.

Hi you need to make sure that hardware acceleration is turned on in the pdvd codec. you also need to make sure it is being used by mediaportal by setting mp to to run in windowed mode, not "always on top" and then using graphedit to "connect to remote graph" while MP is playing tv.

Thanks for your suggestion. Graphedit doesn't seem to work in vista but I tried it on my XP client machine and it is using the pdvd8 codec. The client has exactly the same issues with TV3 and C4. As an added note both channels play fine when mediaportal is in windowed mode.

edit: I just tried out the trial edition of CoreAVC to see if it really is a codec issue and that works. So there's something about my pdvd8 codec that isn't working. Guess I'll be using CoreAVC now...
    I have found the different versions of PowerDVD* can vary significantly in their HTPC viability.

I located a version which works well for me. I used to have a direct link but can't find it::oops:

The version is: cyberlink.1830U_DVD071109_06_R1_Trial_Ultra(1).exe

Stay away from the torrent versions as they invariably have malware. It nearly caught me out.

Yossarian_nz

Portal Member
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey everyone - another Kiwi MP user here. Anyone else have any luck getting the weather display on the basichome screens of Aeon or StreamedMP? I've enabled the RSS ticker and set up the weather plugin (I'm in Dunedin), which seems to work (although the current weather always seems to show thunder and lightning - not sure if that's a wry comment on Dunedin's weather!)

However, on the main page of Aeon I get #location #temp ...etc where the info should be, and the box in streamedMP is blank. Setting my weather to another NZ location (Auckland, for example) fixes the "lightning" problem in the weather page, but the data is still not getting through.

Any one have a similar problem, or any ideas?

handya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi, as anyone fixed the dots in the epg yet, i cant bebotherd looking thu all of the posts :D

cam-tab

December 27, 2008
    Help...little ol new user based in ChCH..DVD to HDD

Ok so I thought I knew how to do this and have done many a time on my old computers, but cant for the life of me get it to work on Media Portal.

I am using DVD Shrink..I copy the DVD onto the HDD into a folder with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. Each DVD has a folder with the title and the relevant VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders.

How do I now get these to play in MP?..It just wants to load avi files even though I have select video extensions IFO and VOB in the setup.

I am totally lost..can someone please post a nice easy step by step on how to upload the DVD files (i want to keep the menu structure so AVI conversion is no good) and how to make MP play them. I then want the DVD covers to be viewable as well...I have searched everywhere and I just cant find instructions on how to make this work. All other posts refer to AVI files and ISO (whats ISO??..is this what I need to do?)

PLEASE help me....any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated...

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Ok so I thought I knew how to do this and have done many a time on my old computers, but cant for the life of me get it to work on Media Portal.

I am using DVD Shrink..I copy the DVD onto the HDD into a folder with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. Each DVD has a folder with the title and the relevant VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders.

How do I now get these to play in MP?..It just wants to load avi files even though I have select video extensions IFO and VOB in the setup.

I am totally lost..can someone please post a nice easy step by step on how to upload the DVD files (i want to keep the menu structure so AVI conversion is no good) and how to make MP play them. I then want the DVD covers to be viewable as well...I have searched everywhere and I just cant find instructions on how to make this work. All other posts refer to AVI files and ISO (whats ISO??..is this what I need to do?)

PLEASE help me....any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated...

Wouldn't it be better to rip the DVD to ISO? Den you mount the ISO with Daemon Tools ;-)

mforest

Portal Member
    December 17, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi, as anyone fixed the dots in the epg yet, i cant bebotherd looking thu all of the posts :D

WHat dots might that be?

Mediaportals EPG Only load about half a day on my computer so I have to use xmltv to import data. I'm using freeviewNZ-EPG-GBPVR-1.7.0.1.zip. There a plenty of instructions (look at geekzone.co.nz).

By the way, I'm in Wellington.
    /Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom