Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (10 Viewers)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi, as anyone fixed the dots in the epg yet, i cant bebotherd looking thu all of the posts :D

WHat dots might that be?

Mediaportals EPG Only load about half a day on my computer so I have to use xmltv to import data. I'm using freeviewNZ-EPG-GBPVR-1.7.0.1.zip. There a plenty of instructions (look at geekzone.co.nz).

By the way, I'm in Wellington.
    /Martin

EPG via DVB-S is fine for me here, only time I see a "half day" is on the last day in the EPG, and I presume thats just because that's as much as has downloaded.

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi, as anyone fixed the dots in the epg yet, i cant bebotherd looking thu all of the posts :D

@handya

Wasn't the EPG dots caused through having a DVB-T card installed and allowing it to grab EPG from the DVB-T broadcast as well as a DVB-S card doing the same. I fairly sure that when you set the DVB-T card to not grab EPG (replacing that with say an xmltv EPG feed - see mentalinc posts at geekzone.co.nz) the dots dissappeared. Well they did for me...

Cheers Mike

handya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah, when i upgrade to mediaportal 1 i think i will go xmltv, its realy bad, i cant even use the epg anymore its been working great and then suddenly i started getting dots and its been getting worse and worse!! aaarrrrr

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah, when i upgrade to mediaportal 1 i think i will go xmltv, its realy bad, i cant even use the epg anymore its been working great and then suddenly i started getting dots and its been getting worse and worse!! aaarrrrr

So that's your setup? Single Seat or server client etc etc etc. DVB-S only ?

For me and others the EPG is rock solid, so it has to be something specific to your setup.

handya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

For me and others the EPG is rock solid, so it has to be something specific to your setup.

im using a server instalation, my server is has 2x hauppuage 4000 cards, watch dvb-t and use dvb-s for epg and one or to channels, i have epg grabing disabled on my dvb-t cards, i have never had an issue, untill a few months ago when dots started appring in the epg (they would replace all of the show names and discription with a . but leave the show start/stop times) this only started on the epg one week out so it was not a problem but reasently soon after i refreseh the epg the endtire epg changed to dots.

soon i am going to do a fresh install, of windows, and install media portal one, hopfully this fixes it but if not i will get xmltv

has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

im using a server instalation, my server is has 2x hauppuage 4000 cards, watch dvb-t and use dvb-s for epg and one or to channels, i have epg grabing disabled on my dvb-t cards, i have never had an issue, untill a few months ago when dots started appring in the epg (they would replace all of the show names and discription with a . but leave the show start/stop times) this only started on the epg one week out so it was not a problem but reasently soon after i refreseh the epg the endtire epg changed to dots.

soon i am going to do a fresh install, of windows, and install media portal one, hopfully this fixes it but if not i will get xmltv

has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Check the SQL Database table dbo.cards and see what the grabEPG value is for each of your cards. It will be false if set correctly (for your dvb-t cARDS)

daronb

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi, I am experiencing trouble trying to get a good picture from TV3 out of my Nova-500-T card. Every other channel is great. The video tears but more noticeable is the video runs slower than the audio. I have tried lots of different codec/driver options to sort it out but not luck yet. The best I have so far is by installing PowerDVD ver8 and Nvidia Pure driver for my Nvidia Gforce 5200

Has anyone else experienced this problem with TV3?

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you tried CoreAVC, version 1.8.5? You'll need to use the latest version. There's a 14 day trial version you can download initially to see if it helps.

Karamu

Portal Member
    October 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I am experiencing trouble trying to get a good picture from TV3 out of my Nova-500-T card. Every other channel is great. The video tears but more noticeable is the video runs slower than the audio. I have tried lots of different codec/driver options to sort it out but not luck yet. The best I have so far is by installing PowerDVD ver8 and Nvidia Pure driver for my Nvidia Gforce 5200

Has anyone else experienced this problem with TV3?

TV3 runs in 1080i, not 720p like ONE, TV2 and the Freeview HD test channel. It needs to be deinterlaced to reduce tearing and due to 1080i's higher resolution it needs more power to run at a good speed. The speed is unfixable unless you upgrade your video card (A GeForce 5200 is a bit skimpy anyway) but you can improve picture quality by adjusting deinterlacing settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom