Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

thom

October 22, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having.
I've recently managed to get mediaportal working with my HVR2200, but it is only working for the TVNZ channels. When I attempt to watch TV3 or C4 the video goes choppy and then freezes (along with the sound). However, if I am watching the tv from within the 'my tv' screen and bring up the 'channel' guide over the top of the picture then it starts playing smoothly (I can see a sliver of the picture on the right hand side of the guide and the sound comes back to normal) and the picture freezes up again if I exit the guide.

This makes it seem like my computer is just having trouble playing the video, but it shouldn't. I'm using mediaportal rc3 with the powerdvd8 codec and have a geforce 9800GT.

Any suggestions?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi you need to make sure that hardware acceleration is turned on in the pdvd codec. you also need to make sure it is being used by mediaportal by setting mp to to run in windowed mode, not "always on top" and then using graphedit to "connect to remote graph" while MP is playing tv.

thom

October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi you need to make sure that hardware acceleration is turned on in the pdvd codec. you also need to make sure it is being used by mediaportal by setting mp to to run in windowed mode, not "always on top" and then using graphedit to "connect to remote graph" while MP is playing tv.

Thanks for your suggestion. Graphedit doesn't seem to work in vista but I tried it on my XP client machine and it is using the pdvd8 codec. The client has exactly the same issues with TV3 and C4. As an added note both channels play fine when mediaportal is in windowed mode.

edit: I just tried out the trial edition of CoreAVC to see if it really is a codec issue and that works. So there's something about my pdvd8 codec that isn't working. Guess I'll be using CoreAVC now...

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perhaps there is a bug and Mediaportal is ignoring the "don't grab EPG from this card" togglebox.
    Possible, I'll have a look when I get a chance.

Regarding this problem with fullstops in the EPG from DVB-T grabbing. I finally got around to checking the code I found that the epg grabber is respecting the EPG per card setting but what I found at least on my setup was that even though the setup interface shows a DVB-T card as GrabEPG=No, when I checked the database the card was enabled for EPG!. So I went back to the interface and enabled then disabled disabled all cards; the DB now reflects the GUI so I'll see how it goes.

Are people still experiencing this problem?

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Mcraenz, ever since i disabled epg grabbing from DVB-T the full stop problem has gone, of course i no longer no whats shows are on TV Central but thats not ruining my day!

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All

just letting you know that the latest version (5a) of the Bleazle skin has just been released. TV Series now lists 12 banners + supports Fanart :)

Screenshots/download link etc: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-50/bleazle-skin-49456/

Also, do many of you use ForTheRecord? and if you do are you using a DVB EPG or an XML one? I've had a go at setting it up but it didn't work out. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All

just letting you know that the latest version (5a) of the Bleazle skin has just been released. TV Series now lists 12 banners + supports Fanart :)

Screenshots/download link etc: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-50/bleazle-skin-49456/

Also, do many of you use ForTheRecord? and if you do are you using a DVB EPG or an XML one? I've had a go at setting it up but it didn't work out. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Good job!!

Just out of interest, I presume from your screen shots you are using Tv Series? DId you have to do anything special to getg it working in terms of Filenames for recorded files etc? I got it installed OK, but when it queried the online database it didnt find anything, so prdsume its because of our EPG /or the default filename settings for files in Mediaportal.

Be inteested to know what, if anything, you do to use it.

Cheers

Craig

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...I presume from your screen shots you are using Tv Series? DId you have to do anything special to getg it working in terms of Filenames for recorded files etc? I got it installed OK, but when it queried the online database it didnt find anything, so prdsume its because of our EPG /or the default filename settings for files in Mediaportal.

Be inteested to know what, if anything, you do to use it.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig

I wasn't using TVSeries until I made this skin but a lot of people asked for it to be supported so I gave it another go (because like you I'd tried it before but had no luck). A lot of the series I've got are from the internet and most of those grab data easily because they're named correctly. I haven't had a chance to look too closely at TVSeries because I've been trying to get the skin done so I'm no expert but it looks like the renaming info you (we) need for recorded TV is here: Extensions-Plugins/MP-TVSeries/FAQ - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Hope that helps

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom