Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

bopfrog

Portal Pro
August 20, 2008
Bay of Plenty
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm posting this here on the off chance it might be an NZ issue. When I first start the TV module I get sound but no video. After changing channels a couple of times, video kicks off and things seem to run OK. Go back to main switchboard, stop TV then restart and I get the same problem. This is a pain when i want to record but cannot be there to channel swap initially. Any ideas? TV 3 has been a problem to begin with - always came back as not able to timeshift, but that seems to have resolved itself.
BTW Bleazle - thanks for the editing suggestions - that has been something else I couldn't get to run well.

Hi Bleazle, I'm trying out the VideoReDo but when I go to open the .ts file i get the following: 'this transport stream does not contain an MPEG2 program' - Have you had this problem?

bopfrog

Portal Pro
August 20, 2008
Bay of Plenty
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
yes - tvservice.exe starts during windows startup. I had everything running well under RC3 so not sure what has happened. MP 1 on the whole runs better than RC 3 except for this one area.

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
bopfrog - are you recording from a DVB-T source. If so, the TS file contains H264 rather than MPEG2 and VideoReDo cannot handle H264 yet. I don't think there is any simple way to edit the DVB-T recordings. Some have been successful using Vista's built in movie editor but its a laborious process.

Cheers Mike

bopfrog

Portal Pro
August 20, 2008
Bay of Plenty
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks. Any thoughts on the lack of video on TV startup? Definitely getting the channel because I can here the audio and after a few channel changes video kicks in. TV3 seems to be an exception sometimes as i get the 'can't timeshift, no channel' message even if I was watching it a few minutes earlier, changed channels then tried to go back to TV 3???

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. Any thoughts on the lack of video on TV startup? Definitely getting the channel because I can here the audio and after a few channel changes video kicks in. TV3 seems to be an exception sometimes as i get the 'can't timeshift, no channel' message even if I was watching it a few minutes earlier, changed channels then tried to go back to TV 3???

It really sounds like a codec issue. What graphics card / h.264 codec are you using? You really need to be using NVIDIA 8x00GT and power DVD 8 codec.

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, Graphics card is nvidia 9600 GT (asus) and codecs I have to try are ffdshow, cyberlink h.264/avc decoder (from V7) and pcm h264/avc decoder. Where would i get hold of the one you recommend?

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    PDVD7 codec is pretty crap compared to the v8 one.
    Download the PDVD8 trial and use the codecs in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom