Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Merge DVB-S + xmltv EPGs?

Okay I pulled my m-audio card to free up a slot for my DVB-S card. Running off MB audio now which sounds fine to my uneducated ear. I can now get EPG data off the satellite, and do. But I also get 3 channels (triangle, prime and juice) from the analogue card. I am getting the EPG data for these channels from xmltvnz. My problem is that I can only get one lot of epg data (either analogue or digi channels) to display within MP at a time, whichever one I updated the latest. Wondering if there was a way to merge the two dbs so that all epg data is displayed? I know I get get prime info from the DVB-S stream, and I dont really care about juice, so its really only triangle that I would like to merge into the db. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Matt

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Umm forgive me if Im being a bit thick, but cant find any reference in the wiki, even did a search for merge.... ?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Triangle? Isn't that now called stratos? Oh but it's only on dvbt so no epg? The should be an option in the XML import plugin, something about clear all data before import, untick him. Also make sure the channel is not ticked in the grab epg section. Also disable grabbing on the dvbt cards.

riddlesnz

Portal Member
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Kiwis
    Has anyone tried the new H.264 divx codecs with our freeview?
    Also, for anyone trying to get hardware decoding working: I spent hours mucking around with the powerDVD8 codecs but couldn't get my 9400GT to do the decoding (cpu was up around 40%!), even though the recorded program would play in the actual PDVD8 program with cpu only at 2%. I finally figured out that it was because I was only using the "standard" version of PDVD. I "upgraded" to ultra and now all is sweet with 2% cpu when viewing live tv through MP.

Please feel free to correct me if this is not the case, but it worked for me.
    Riddles

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has anyone tried the new H.264 divx codecs with our freeview?

Personally I won't even bother since it's software only. I have a NVIDIA 8600GT which has a processor that's perfect for decoding freeview, why would I ever want to use my CPU? Same goes of course for Core AVC, FFDshow etc

sylvester1

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is this strange behaviour?

Using MP RC2 (tried the laters versions and TVservice is less reliable for me) and the PDVD8 codecs, Nova-dt dual tuner and Radeon HD3850 AGB card I am able to record 3 channels simultaneously.

I have no idea how it is doing it. Just clever I suppose?

Obviously not a complaint, just a thanks to MP from a New Zealander!

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes MediaPortal TVServer Kicks A**!!! You can record all the channels off a single mux with 1 card simultaneously. So with a dual turner like the NOVA-T you can record all the channels off to MUXs simultaneously. i.e. you can record all TVNZ channels and all TV3 channels simultaneously! This is one of the main reasons that I could never move to something like MS Media Center. It's a real kill feature.

sylvester1

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That is super bloody clever! So does it steam all the data from, say TVNZ direct to disk (i.e. records every channel no matter what) and then 'extract' the program you want to watch when you play it back or does it grab only the channel showing what you want and put that on disk? Either way, well done MP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom