Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also I'd recommend that you confirm (using graphedit ) that PDVD codec is actually being used by mediaportal.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Graphedit can do a few things but 1 thing it is useful for is checking what directshow filters are being used to play media at a given time. You would start MP in non-fullscreen+not always on top then start time shifting a channel then run graphedit and from the file menu in graphedit you would select "Connect to remote graph' it then lists the current active graphs (playing media) you would select the only 1 showing, it will then display all the filters being used and how they are connected to each other. Give it a go; even though you've got it working now just seeing that gives you a better understanding of how media is played in windows using the directshow framework.

As for the can't timeshift problem; 2 Qs:

1.You have an HVR2200, have you set up the hybrid cards correctly?
    2.Check your tv server tswritter log (c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log\) do you see lots of "Continuity Errors"? You might have a signal problem (antenna or interference)

littlematt

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    upgrade possible on tuner card?

Hi guys I have an hvr2200. I am always having issues switching to prime and back, sometimes (quite often!) this crashes the tuner card. I suspect its a driver issue and a reboot fixes it. I can get prime, but when changing back or to it from a digital channel I get no stream available or something. I only have an matx mb so a replacement card needs to be pci-e, and have dual analogue/digital tuners with hardware encoding. Also one that has a functioning fm tuner would be nice too. Any recommendations, fixes from you guys? No driver upgrade from hauppuage for quite a while.... Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and set up a second pc with my old dvt-s and analogue cards in it, plus the hvr for dvb-t channels only acting as a server. Ive got an old socket 478 mb kicking around thats probably up to the task but its not exactly silent and will be in the lounge so a card upgrade would be preferable...

Cheers,
    Matt

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No problem with 2200 here running latest driver under vista 32. Could be a faulty card have you tried to reproduce the problem with a clean system build? Is the card under warranty? I thought I head something about a bad batch of hvr2200s.

I presume you have your hybrid cards set up correctly?

littlematt

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Mcraenz thought Id get a response from you, thanks! You're up late... I was working a very quiet shift, whats your excuse haha! Pleased to hear you are having no probs with the 2200. Hmm I never bothered setting it up as a hybrid card as all channels *do* work, but switching can be a problem... You might be on to something there, Ill let you know after I have a fiddle once Ive had a sleep. Its on a clean install of xp sp3. I always do a clean install of a fresh image of xp with every version upgrade....Go acronis! I run it off the hiren boot cd. Also, how hard is it to set up comskip for NZ Ive tried (albeit not very hard) and havent had much luck. Is there a guide someone can point me to? Or is it pretty simple... Oh yeah and while Im at it have you ever managed to get the fm tuner part of this card working?

Cheers,
    Matt

littlematt

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heh okay tried to separate the four tuners in the hybrid card... somehow managed to corrupt the DB so that tvserver crashed on startup... fresh install later, hybrid card set up properly and viola! Seems to be effortless switching between analogue and digital! So far only tested it a few times... Thanks Mcraenz!

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you are 100% sure your recently purchased HVR-2200 isn't functioning correctly (i mean the card, NOT tv server/mediaportal), then arrange to send it back to the retailer. I've heard theres been bad batches of HVR-2200s recently and very many are being returned.

littlematt

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi yeah its working fine now. Its actually my second one, the first I took back as it didnt even show up under hardware manager...:D

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mcraenz, thanks for the advice. Have got graphedit but just get a blank window when MP was running. interestingly TV3 worked in a window, not on top. When i went back to full screen i got "cannot timeshift. no signal" message again. I have rescanned tv channels and have the cards set up as 1&3 = hybrid 1 and 2&4 = hybrid 2 (that is 1 digital and 1 analog). Initially I used the tv channel settings from RC3 so thought rescanning might have helped but not so far. TV logs - np continuity errors but variations in signal level from 0 to 44 and quality from 0 to 60 - does that mean anything much? Have now moved to all PDVD8 codecs and now no trouble with lack of video (when there is a signal of course!) Thanks for the support.

I checked the error log and there are several references to log in errors to the SGL server database - is that likely to cause the TV3 no signal? Make that SQL Duh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom