Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (9 Viewers)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks Dave

Appreciate the feedback. The EPG issue also concerned me however they mention on their site that they have DVB-EPG synchronisation working so perhaps its a non issue now. I am also using mentalinc's epg tool for the HD stuff, which seems to work without any issues, but I will try the DVB-EPG sync first and see how it goes.

Cheers Mike

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks Dave

Appreciate the feedback. The EPG issue also concerned me however they mention on their site that they have DVB-EPG synchronisation working so perhaps its a non issue now. I am also using mentalinc's epg tool for the HD stuff, which seems to work without any issues, but I will try the DVB-EPG sync first and see how it goes.

Cheers Mike

I had a bit of spare time (i.e. I couldn't be bothered doing any work :D ) so I decided to give setting up ForTheRecord another go. The only hitch I had was that I set up sharing for my Recording folder but forgot about the Timeshift folder :oops:. Apart from that it was very straightforward :)

I'm using the DVB-S EPG and it's working fine. So now I shouldn't end up with any "manual" recordings :):):) because when you set a programme to record at a given time every week for example (which is done in exactly the same was as you do in the standard MYTV plugin) 4TR automatically assumes it will start "at around 7:30" which is far better than the regular MYTV plugin. That's the main reason I wanted to get 4TR up and running but there are some other good features with regard to setting up recording rules plus I can login to my HTPC from anywhere in the world and set programmes to record/delete scheduled recordings, see what is recording etc etc :) (I don't know if I'll ever use this feature but it's great to be able to tell my friends that I can do it :D :D - MySky - what's that??? :D :D )

A couple of things to note:

1. (EDIT)To import programmes recorded before installing 4TR load up the 4TR management console, go to 'Recorded Programs', then click on the 'Import/Synchronize' button and follow the steps in the wizard to import your existing recordings.

2. If you're using the Bleazle skin you'll have to copy all of the 4TR XML and graphics files from the Blue3Wide directory into the BleazleWide & BleazleWide/Media folders respectively; they're easy to find, they all start with "4TR.." Now that I've got 4TR sorted I'll support it properly in the next release of the skin.

Dave

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sounds great. "Recording Rules"? Can I have say record this program in HD (DVB-T card) and record that other program in SD (DVB-S card). Reason being is I have a client in the bedroom that can't do HD so I'd like to record everything in SD by default but then be able to flag a specific recording for HD.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sounds great. "Recording Rules"? Can I have say record this program in HD (DVB-T card) and record that other program in SD (DVB-S card). Reason being is I have a client in the bedroom that can't do HD so I'd like to record everything in SD by default but then be able to flag a specific recording for HD.

I think you can but you'd have to check the ForTheRecord thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/record-1-3-3-released-47517/) and site ( For The Record) to be sure. Note: The latest release is 1.3.3.1 - get it from the 4TR site.

4TR blows the standard MYTV plugin away (imo)

Dave

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has anyone tried running the TV server on Windows Home Server (WHS)?

It's just that I have a dedicated TV Server machine with 2 separate clients and now a new WHS server. So rather than having 2 machines on 24/7 it'd be great if I could run the tv server on the WHS box....

I've had a bit of a search and it seems possible, but just wanted to see if anyone local had given it a try? Just trying to find drivers now for the HVR-2200....

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A couple of things to note:

1. (EDIT)To import programmes recorded before installing 4TR load up the 4TR management console, go to 'Recorded Programs', then click on the 'Import/Synchronize' button and follow the steps in the wizard to import your existing recordings.

2. If you're using the Bleazle skin you'll have to copy all of the 4TR XML and graphics files from the Blue3Wide directory into the BleazleWide & BleazleWide/Media folders respectively; they're easy to find, they all start with "4TR.." Now that I've got 4TR sorted I'll support it properly in the next release of the skin.

Dave

Dave, thanks very much for the feedback on For The Record. I am certainly going to try it out. You were well ahead of me! It surely looks like a useful enhancement. I will report back any issues I encounter and remember to copy the 4TR files into your skin folder.

Cheers Mike

TheAddict

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey all,

just a quick question(s): whenever i turn my TV off, media portal crashes with an "unexpected error" , if i change source.. like normal UHF input from HDMI its ok i can go back to HDMI in and all is normal, but when the TV is off MP crashes and i end up with a desktop..anyone know why this could be happening?

also.. my remote for my TV is interfering with my Hauppauge remote.. locking up MP for a couple of secconds,.. changing channels etc, making it do strange things.. any answers to this?

cheers :)

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey all,

just a quick question(s): whenever i turn my TV off, media portal crashes with an "unexpected error" , if i change source.. like normal UHF input from HDMI its ok i can go back to HDMI in and all is normal, but when the TV is off MP crashes and i end up with a desktop..anyone know why this could be happening?

also.. my remote for my TV is interfering with my Hauppauge remote.. locking up MP for a couple of secconds,.. changing channels etc, making it do strange things.. any answers to this?

I Ditched the Hauppauge remote (HVR3000) and receiver as every other remote i have would also be received (change tv volume with tv remote & mediaportal would ask to delete a file etc), I ended up getting a generic MCE remote off trademe (HP Brand) and it works great, no interference at all.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey all,

What sort of TV do you have? Can you install VNC on the media PC and watch what happens when you turn the TV off? Is there a resolution change?

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, a quick thank you for the suggestions made to help me (see a few pages back if you really need to). Had issues with tv3 and sometimes c4 not timeshifting or no signal. In order to try and deal with as many issues as possible i got onto the roof and checked (and cleaned) all connections. Then because i had imported TV channel settings from RC3 i deleted tv3 and c4 then rescanned. Channels found and now running sweet. Cleaning connections has also made a great improvement to signal quality, especially when just running TV with MP. In any case the ideas from this forum were either directly helpful or got me thinking of other possibilities so thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom