Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Just recorded Desperate Housewives on TV2 (in HD woo!) and the sound quality is pretty bad.

Anyone else have this issue? It sounds fine when I'm watching it live but the recording sounds all tinny and terrible... Also, the picture seems very noisy from the TV2 recording whereas the recording of Little Miss Sunshine I did the other day looks fine.

Oh also, this seems to be an issue with AAC as the recordings from TV3 with AC3 sound fine.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All

just a quick note to let you know that BleazleWide V6.1.2 was released a couple of days ago. Apart from a few more tweaks the main change is that the skin now supports ForTheRecord which I pretty much rate as a "must have" plugin (along with Comskip of course!) plus the latest versions of MovingPictures and TVSeries.

@ mruane have you got 4TR up and running yet?

Dave

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all
Does comskip work well with NZ Freeview DVB-T h264? (Last thing i heard it didn't work well for NZ TV)

If the answer is yes, is it hard to set up and reliable! Wife factors preclude it being a shambles!!! :)
Neville

I think the answer is no (it was discussed a "few" pages back). I'm using DVB-S and it works great :)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All

just a quick note to let you know that BleazleWide V6.1.2 was released a couple of days ago. Apart from a few more tweaks the main change is that the skin now supports ForTheRecord which I pretty much rate as a "must have" plugin (along with Comskip of course!) plus the latest versions of MovingPictures and TVSeries.

@ mruane have you got 4TR up and running yet?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes I completed the installation a couple of weeks ago and it has been recording for me since then without any trouble at all. The initial server based installation did required some effort to configure (the clients where easy), but after a while I got it all configured and she's been cooking smooth as ever since. I think you are probably correct. It's not a bad add-on for sure. Have you ever had it make a "suggestion"? I guess that cannot work because the EPG down here is fairly low grade. So thanks for encouraging me to try this out.

PS I Will try this with your latest v6.1.2 release this weekend.

Cheers Mike

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re:comskip, I think there is an h.264 version in beta but I think it takes a very long to process the video even on a high spec PC. It would be good if it could make use of nvidia HW decoder coz ya don't really want your CPU being soaked up in the background the whole time

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re:comskip, I think there is an h.264 version in beta but I think it takes a very long to process the video even on a high spec PC. It would be good if it could make use of nvidia HW decoder coz ya don't really want your CPU being soaked up in the background the whole time

If Comskip works on HD recordings anyone wanting to use it should look at ForTheRecord because you can schedule when to run post recording processes (such as comskip) which obviously means you could have it run at a time when you're not likely to be using the HTPC.

@ mruane - No I haven't had a suggestion from ForTheRecord yet. I haven't looked into that (i.e. what it bases suggestions on etc) but as far as the EPG is concerned the reason XMLTV is the preferred method is because (apparently) it is "richer" - I asked the question ages ago in the 4TR thread. If that's the case maybe we won't get suggestions because we're using DVB-S EPG's - I don't know.

If I didn't spend so much time at the computer I'd be able to watch some of that recorded TV :rolleyes: ....:D

Dave

ChrisPenrose

Portal Member
    October 14, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Media Portal Server on WHS

In response to TommySharp (a page back):

I'm trying to find out some facts before I move Media Portal Server to my WHS to.
    I placed my question here:

[URL="https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-talk-233/tv-server-whs-windows-home-server-39214/index3.html#post381339"/URL]

Not many hard facts to be had so far, but it does look possible.
    My main issue is going to be my Nova-T-500-HD PCI TV card. I suspect the drivers will not work under WHS.
    I also need to get a USB IR receiver, as the WHS is located in a cupboard under the stairs.

Technicolour

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Noob Question go:

For recording TV does mediaportal have to be running, or does it run solely on the TVservice that is constantly running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom