Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How long did you run the memtest for? did it complete an entire pass? Another couple of this to try, re-seat all components, RAM, PCI card, cables etc. Also you could try just reset the bios to defaults.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How long did you run the memtest for? did it complete an entire pass? Another couple of this to try, re-seat all components, RAM, PCI card, cables etc. Also you could try just reset the bios to defaults.

I ran a full pass - it took about 30 minutes. I'll reset everything when I'm doing the house cleaning inside the case :D

With regards to the VFD question. My VFD display remains active after turning off computer, i think this is normal behaviour.

Either that or your HTPC is broken too :D Thanks for letting me know yours does the same - mine probably always did, I just never noticed before it started playing up..

..Updated TV Logos for freeview - Updated TV Logos for Mediaportal

I'm going to give these a go tonight :)

Dave

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you pull the plug the VFD slowly fades. I'm pretty sure it's meant to receive power even in off state, this allows the IR remote to turn on the computer when it's off.

sylvester1

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    May not help, but I had a problem with random BSOD's which turned out to be one of the slots for one of my SIM's not working. I had 3 1gb sims in a slot each. Was confused by what was causing the BSOD's and eventually thought I'd give the memory a go. Ran memtest and it found no problems. So I dis-believed it (shun the dis-believer!) and took sticks out in order. Turned out that ones of the slots was broken in some manner. Put the memory from that slot into another and it still worked fine (thus proving the slot theory).

So what I am trying to say is that if you have a spare slot, and can do it, it might be worth putting your memory in a new slot just in case.

Cheers

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    May not help, but I had a problem with random BSOD's which turned out to be one of the slots for one of my SIM's not working. I had 3 1gb sims in a slot each. Was confused by what was causing the BSOD's and eventually thought I'd give the memory a go. Ran memtest and it found no problems. So I dis-believed it (shun the dis-believer!) and took sticks out in order. Turned out that ones of the slots was broken in some manner. Put the memory from that slot into another and it still worked fine (thus proving the slot theory).

So what I am trying to say is that if you have a spare slot, and can do it, it might be worth putting your memory in a new slot just in case.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up on that - I hope it rains this weekend so I've got an excuse to sit inside and rip the htpc apart! - I'll give this a go too,
    Cheers!

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    better not be raining, i want to put a bigger satellite on my roof :(

this might sound insanely silly, but try setting your bios to fail-safe defaults as well.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    better not be raining, i want to put a bigger satellite on my roof :(

this might sound insanely silly, but try setting your bios to fail-safe defaults as well.

You're in Auckland - it'll be raining on the weekend - it's a given :(

For any changes to the BIOS to make a difference doesn't it have to get past the very first screen that appears? I don't think the BIOS is even getting a chance to load is it? or is it trying to load but not loading which is why it gets stuck on the first screen? - aaarrrghh!! I hate not knowing about stuff!!

I appreciate all the advice from you guys - I'm feelin' the love! :D At least I've got a few things to try WHEN it rains on the weekend :mad: :D

Dave

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    bios controls voltages that go to different components in the motherboard, as soon as you push the power button it's doing it's thing, you'd have to get past the screen to change it, or, you can look for the bios jumper, and move it across press power, leave it 10 seconds, move the bios jumper back, to where it was, and that will set your bios back to defaults. Alternatively, you can take out the bios battery for 3 seconds and that'll reset the bios back too.

i'm still holding by breath that we'll be all rained out by the weekend and then settle for some nice overcast skies instead.

yesdup

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Missing channels on Nova S card

hi all,

i am back on MP after a long and successful spell with GBPVR but did a rebuild and now nothing works :rolleyes:.....so here we are.

MP is working great now EXCEPT........i am missing channels THREE and C4 (plus what ever else is on that transponder) My capture card settings are for my Nova S card. I had previously had all the channels captured using same hardware about 18mths ago and i have a post in this thread outlining how i did it but that no longer works...:confused:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...landers-both-you-2321/index36.html#post164607

i edited a new NZFTA tpl file:
    12456,h,22500
    12483,h,22500

I have only 1 lnb on my dish,

lnb1=11300
    switch=0
    lnb2=0

also tried the following combinations:

this setting and the next one below bring up different SKY scrambled channels.
    lnb1=11300
    switch=11300
    lnb2=11300

lnb1=11300
    switch=11300
    lnb2=0

lnb1=11300
    switch=0
    lnb2=11300

lnb1=11300
    switch=11300
    lnb2=22000

lnb1=11300
    switch=22000
    lnb2=11300

lnb1=11300
    switch=22000
    lnb2=0

any help that fellow Kiwis can offer would be great....:)
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom