Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (10 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yesdup: TPL files? It looks like you're using the old built-in TV support in MediaPortal. You really need to switch to TVServer.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Yesdup,

Just browsed into this forum, so have not read all previous correspondance, but TV3 and C4 is braodcast in 1080i (interlaced) so I think you need de-interlacing software and from memory, I have the same issue. When setting up MP for the first time, I followed recommendations at the time and bought CoreAVC software where I had to set "Hardware Delinterlacing" option on and set under settings My TV to de-interlacing "Best". Since then (about 9 months now) I read about the free ffdshow software which I have tried and it seems to do the same business, so perhaps try that (if you have not already) Anyhow, I know both those channels are broadcast in 1080i, so it sounds like your issue.

Cheers

Graham (fellow Kiwi)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Beazle: have you got prime EPG working yet?

I've never had a problem with it (except for when I originally changed over to DVB-S tuners). I grab it through the DVB-S tuners and then combine it with my Prime signal (which is via a Sky STB/Hauppauge PVR 150) and it's all good - have you got a problem with it?

yesdup

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ gperkinson

thanks for the info but i went with Mcraenz sugestion. I now have all the channels and everything seems OK

........EXCEPT the epg is an hour behind. At first i looked and my windows clock was an hour slow. So i reset and refreshed the epg and after adding the DVD burn plugins i have rebooted and now the time is back to being 1 hour slow...........:confused:

So i have an epg and can record but not at the correct time which kinda makes it useless. Anyone else had this ???

Also is there a way to do a scheduled manual recording, i.e not from the epg?? (sorry if i dumb and missed the option but i have looked high and low....including the bit in middle)???

Asus M2A-VM HDMI,
    AMD Semperon 3000,
    1GB ram,
    250GB H/D,
    ATI Radeon X1250 128MB,
    Asus lightscribe DVD RW,
    Hauppauge Nova S-Plus,
    Hauppauge PVR150 OEM
    MP server 1.0
    Sharp 32inch LCD

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think your system doesn't have the daylight saving patch maybe? What time does your system clock read, is it correct?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Beazle - was reading an old post in this thread and you were having trouble with prime epg data, so was gonna suggest you try mentalinc's epg grabber (alternative to xmltvnz)

yesdup

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ Mcraenz i have xp home SP3 this should have all updates with it, shouldn't it? Or is NZ specific patch and i need to download? I have changed the system clock to the rigght time but the EPG is 1 hour out......i.e. slow. But i'll give the patch idea a look.
    Thanks

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Beazle - was reading an old post in this thread and you were having trouble with prime epg data, so was gonna suggest you try mentalinc's epg grabber (alternative to xmltvnz)
    It's all good now but thanks for checking :)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ Mcraenz i have xp home SP3 this should have all updates with it, shouldn't it? Or is NZ specific patch and i need to download? I have changed the system clock to the rigght time but the EPG is 1 hour out......i.e. slow. But i'll give the patch idea a look.
    Thanks

It sounds like your system thinks it is running daylight saving time but we are not in Daylight saving time we won't be until the 5th of April. I think this is the MS patch you need:

December 2008 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems

Not sure if you will get this via auto updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom