Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (9 Viewers)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...but we are not in Daylight saving time we won't be until the 5th of April...

Are you in Southland or somewhere far flung like that? :p :D It's daylight savings time now and ends on the 5th of April.... but I think you're right about yesdup needing the patch.... :)

Dave

Phatbloke

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You all probably read Geekzone but thought I would throw this in here as havent had much response.

Mediaportal has been running sweet for about a year now and having no major dramas just minor gripes which I am finally getting round to fixing. I get just the odd pixelation that is hardly noticeable but in bad weather I get lockups in the picture.

So my signal is not 100% and I'm looking at ways to fix it. I currently have a new (well 1yr old now) Hills Optimax combination aerial (UHF and VHF free to air antennas ) and signal on all channels besides Prime is next to perfect on analogue TV. Prime has a few grains in it which I think is the key to my problems.
I am in Chch near Fitzgerald Ave and have a near perfect view of Sugarloaf bar a tree kinda in the way. I have been on the roof in the weekend and ensured my connections all the way to the TV are perfect and our house is only 1 yr old so cabling problems can probably be eliminated. So really I'm only picking the aerial.

What aerials do other Chchers (or even NZ wide) have and how is reception particularly on analogue prime. Would an amplifier do any good or should I be looking at a stand alone UHF Aerial?

tsamb.

Portal Member
December 21, 2005
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi kiwis,

I've just moved into an apartment in downtown Auckland and hoorah I'm getting DVB-T signal!

Only thing is when I try to tune into TV2, I get "Unable to start timeshifting. No Signal"

I get every other channel on the TVNZ mux just fine.

This happens both on the TV server/client and on the HTPC client in the lounge (accessing the same server.)

This didn't happen when I was living in the suburbs... (but I have changed this and that software on the OS around since then, so I can't be sure it's only the location change that has affected TV2)

Anyone know what could be going on here?

Server specs:

Intel P35 Chipset/Core 2 Duo CPU
Nova T 500 Dual DVB-T Tuner
8800 GTS GPU
Vista Home Premium SP1
PowerDVD 8 Deluxe
MediaPortal 1.0.0.0

tsamb.

Portal Member
December 21, 2005
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
have you tried doing a rescan of all the channels within tv server since you moved?

Yeah, I've rescanned all NZ frequencies twice. Still the same problem...

TV1 and TV2 are on the same mux and are encoded with the same codecs right? I don't get why I get TV1 perfectly, but TV2 shows up as no signal...

yesdup

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
mcraenz and bleazle

thanks the patch worked. :D

Still got a few kinks to iron out.

But does MP crash a lot under everyday always on (i.e. no shutdown/standby/or hibernation) tv usage/recording/watching etc. ???? Counting 3 times so far this week....:confused: could just be teething troubles for me.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...But does MP crash a lot under everyday always on (i.e. no shutdown/standby/or hibernation) tv usage/recording/watching etc. ???? Counting 3 times so far this week....:confused:

I remember those days, back when I was using 0.2.3.0 or whatever it was called :rolleyes: I haven't had any problems like that with MP 1.0.0. though. Have you checked the log files? If you post them here someone (not me - that stuff may as well be written in Swahili as far as I'm concerned) will probably be able to point you to the problem.

Bleazle

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yesdup: Good to hear things are up and running. MP is rock solid for me; has been for ages. When you say "crash" can you be more specific and can you post some logs.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But does MP crash a lot under everyday always on (i.e. no shutdown/standby/or hibernation) tv usage/recording/watching etc. ???? Counting 3 times so far this week....:confused: could just be teething troubles for me.

What 'skin' do you use? There's a known issue with certain skins (xFace, Aeon, StreamedMP, etc) and the recently modified skin-engine - hopefully this will be fixed sometime soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom