Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
yesdup: Good to hear things are up and running. MP is rock solid for me; has been for ages. When you say "crash" can you be more specific and can you post some logs.

Hi mcraenz,

Just checking in with a couple of questions. I'm still using MP RC3, with a few shakes from time to time. I now have a wireles remote working partially. I understand I need to download the MP drivers for that. Sometime soon I'll get to that.

Question: I want to record 2 channels at once. Some threads say if you can watch channel and record another channel on the same Freeview satellite feed at the same time, you can record two channels at the same time.

Is this true for MP?

I can record SKY from STB on the PVR 150 analogue link using WinTV. Can I do it from MP?

Cheers
Bernard

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...What 'skin' do you use? There's a known issue with certain skins (xFace, Aeon, StreamedMP, etc) and the recently modified skin-engine...

I hadn't heard of that issue before so I've just put BleazleWide through the test - no problems :)

..Question: I want to record 2 channels at once. Some threads say if you can watch channel and record another channel on the same Freeview satellite feed at the same time, you can record two channels at the same time.

Is this true for MP?...

Yes - I think I've recorded all nine channels I have tuned in at once (just as a test!) but I regularly record 3 channels at once :)

..I can record SKY from STB on the PVR 150 analogue link using WinTV. Can I do it from MP?...

Again yes, I use a Sky STB through a PVR 150 to record Prime :)

Bleazle

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
So how do you record three channels at a time?

Which output cable do you record Prime from?

Cheers
Bernard

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
So how do you record three channels at a time?

I think you can do that on one DVB-S card - I've got 2 cards which allows you to record (as far as I know - if I'm wrong someone will correct me! :D) all Freeview channels at once :)

..Which output cable do you record Prime from?

To record Prime all you have to do is scan for the channel on your PVR150 in TVServer Config (if you're using it - if not I recommend it) then combine the signal from the PVR150 with the EPG info from the DVB_S card(s). Let me know if that doesn't make sense..

Bleazle

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I think you can do that on one DVB-S card - I've got 2 cards which allows you to record (as far as I know - if I'm wrong someone will correct me! :D) all Freeview channels at once :)Bleazle

Hi Bleazle,

I get the "Conflict in recordings" when I try to schedule one recording while another one is all ready scheduled. I thought that was because I needed 2 cards to control it. Is it a version thing with MP or is it a setting in TV Server or MP configuration?

Cheers
Bernard

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
..I get the "Conflict in recordings" when I try to schedule one recording while another one is all ready scheduled. I thought that was because I needed 2 cards to control it. Is it a version thing with MP or is it a setting in TV Server or MP configuration?

Firstly do you have a DVB-S tuner in addition to your PVR150? I assumed you did because you mentioned Freeview. If you've only got a PVR150 then yeah, you can only record one channel at once :( If you're using DVB-T someone else will have to answer your question because I've got no experience there.

Assuming you're using DVB-S you will need 2 cards to be able to record all of the Freeview channels (at once if the need arose) because they're split over 2 transponders and your PVR150 is just for recording Prime (or any other Sky channel(s) you have access to).

It recommend filling in your HTPC specs so everyone can see them - it will save you having to repeat your settings whenever you need to ask a question :)

I'm off to throw some more RAM and a new DVD Drive into my HTPC then I should probably think about doing some work - I love "working" from home :D

Bleazle

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Firstly do you have a DVB-S tuner in addition to your PVR150? I assumed you did because you mentioned Freeview. If you've only got a PVR150 then yeah, you can only record one channel at once

Assuming you're using DVB-S you will need 2 cards to be able to record all of the Freeview channels (at once if the need arose) because they're split over 2 transponders and your PVR150 is just for recording Prime (or any other Sky channel(s) you have access to).

I recommend filling in your HTPC specs so everyone can see them..

Bleazle

Yes working from home has its benefits...

Yes I do have a DVB-S tuner and a PVR 150. What's this about 2 transponders... is this the bit pointng into the dish?

I don't have a dual, only a single.

Cheers

I filled in the system spec as best as I could. Looking to find the other specs as I can.

yesdup

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Help with crashing needed.

As per Bleazle's suggestion i am attaching 2 sets of logs here taken just after MP crashed...this has happened 6 or seven times now. Always while trying to access TV after a period of inactivity. Only the monitor was set to switch off in windows after 20mins......the hard drives etc. are set to "never".

If someone is able to make sense and point me in the right direction to fix then i would be very grateful!!

Many thanks in advance...:D

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When you say crash what do you mean. Does MediaPortal close down and throw an error? Or does it jsut freeze up or what? Can you turn off the power saving on your monitor settings and see if the problem goes away. Do you have any other TV software that could still be running in the background?

Peroxide

Portal Member
    March 19, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry to ask guys, but I've tried searching and failed, and going through 211 pages dating back to 2005 will probably both confuse the hell out of me with out of date information and take forever.

I am looking to switch from VMC to MP to take advantage of HD content, and to utilise some of the plugins.

Is there a guide on how to do this for NZ conditions when using Sky?

However, I am having trouble getting my head around my required setup, I'll give you some back ground info.

I use a Hauppage 150 card, and windows Vista.
    I watch all of my Tv through Sky so need to work out how to get MP to change the channel on the STB.

Well I guess that actually about sums it up. :rolleyes:

I've installed with the external TV Server using MySql as I had problems doing an automatic install (see here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rt-53/problems-installing-media-portal-56685/) but am struggling to get the TV channel changer and EPG to work using XMLTVNZ.

My plan in the coming weeks is to buy a TV Card capable of receiving Freeview HD, and a Bluray player if I can get all this to work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom