Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can create a channel manually in the TV Server and enter either a frequency or the UHF Channel number. For Prime I have 58 in the Channel (for Tauranga) and 0 in the Frequency. But I did have the frequency entered once and no channel number.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone using ForTheRecord and getting their Guide data only by EPG care to share just what buttons to tick in FTR?
    WHen I had a guide it seemed to be only updating some channels for some days, so cleared all data to try and start again ... but nothing seems to work as easily as the plain jane MyTv system did for Mediaportal

Anyone using ForTheRecord and getting their Guide data only by EPG care to share just what buttons to tick in FTR?
    WHen I had a guide it seemed to be only updating some channels for some days, so cleared all data to try and start again ... but nothing seems to work as easily as the plain jane MyTv system did for Mediaportal

Ugghhh isnt that always the way. Try ticking a few things on and off ... and now the guide is populating.

Will see if I get anything tomorrow beyond next Thursdays listings.

Out of interest, what on earth is the DVB-EPG "Group" in TV Groups? Can see it has the channels listed, but if you tick it, you end up with an extra item in the "group" but the All Channels listing seems to work.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So does it do that by having a link to the internet to get the info?
    Im pretty sure the EPG info we get doesn't have that sort of info.

In fact on the EPG, would be so cool if Freeview would include Episode and Series info. NOt a major hassle, but having to edit the files/database so MyTVSeries works is a bit of a pain.

I'm pretty sure it just works off what information is in the program description from the EPG, so a rule like that isn't 100% reliable (but still cool!). I've noticed some movies list the stars, but not all and it usually gets cut off. My girlfriend loves documentaries & shows about animals, so I have the following rule:
    Code:
    Channel: Any
    Time: Any
    Title: "animal NOT Party Animals AND Animal Academy"

You could also do something like "CSI NOT Miami" to record all the CSI shows minus the Caruso. The rules can also be used just to suggest programs to you, or to alert you that the show has appeared (without it actually recording). I believe this feature with the boolean logic is only available in the donator's preview version at the moment, but that'll be available to everyone shortly.

Another nice feature is if 4TR has any problems you can have it email you. I had a situation recently where I moved my tuner card to a different PCI port and the drivers stopped working but I didn't notice it had dropped off the tuner list in the TV server, 4TR emailed me letting me know there was a problem.

... everything he said :D plus, although you can use DVB EPG the recommended option is (or used to be anyway) via XMLTV because (apparently) it is "richer" - i.e. has more information which allows for better "rule setting" options. Having said that I use DVB-S EPG for ForTheRecord and it works fine. Note for anyone who hasn't used 4TR and thinks maybe this rule setting thing could be hard - it isn't (you don't even have to do it if you don't want to) - put it this way, if you've got MediaPortal running you'll be able to use 4TR!

4TR V1.4 shouldn't be too far away and it has had some nice features added - like being able to see how far you've skipped when using Comskip etc (requires a bit of a tweak in MP but it's straightforward).

...Out of interest, what on earth is the DVB-EPG "Group" in TV Groups? Can see it has the channels listed, but if you tick it, you end up with an extra item in the "group" but the All Channels listing seems to work.

I don't know what you mean off the top of my head - you'd be better off asking questions specific to 4TR either here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/record-1-3-3-released-47517/ or on the FTR site here: For The Record - Index page, the developers are always quick to reply.

Bleazle

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ... everything he said :D plus, although you can use DVB EPG the recommended option is (or used to be anyway) via XMLTV because (apparently) it is "richer" - i.e. has more information which allows for better "rule setting" options. Having said that I use DVB-S EPG for ForTheRecord and it works fine. Note for anyone who hasn't used 4TR and thinks maybe this rule setting thing could be hard - it isn't (you don't even have to do it if you don't want to) - put it this way, if you've got MediaPortal running you'll be able to use 4TR!

4TR V1.4 shouldn't be too far away and it has had some nice features added - like being able to see how far you've skipped when using Comskip etc (requires a bit of a tweak in MP but it's straightforward).

What settings do you use in 4TR to use the Satellite EPG ?

* In the Plugin Config in TV Server the option Synch EPG Data to For The Record ?
    * In the 4TR Console under settings "DVB-EPG OPverwrite XMLTV" ?

Ive got a guide from an initial load, but it just doesn't seem to bring in new listings in a predictable manner. So Im bound to have ticked something wrong :)

What settings do you use in 4TR to use the Satellite EPG ?

* In the Plugin Config in TV Server the option Synch EPG Data to For The Record ?
    * In the 4TR Console under settings "DVB-EPG OPverwrite XMLTV" ?

Ive got a guide from an initial load, but it just doesn't seem to bring in new listings in a predictable manner. So Im bound to have ticked something wrong :)

Looks like there might be a Synching issue... as have just restarted the TVServer process and now ave listings for Next Thursday and Friday

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone have comskip working well on H264 DVB-T recordings and particularly those of TV3?

Thanks

martyngall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,
    I've been using MP for the past month. Bought a Hauppage Nova-S-Plus card that worked fine with their WinTV6, and also when I installed MP 1.0.1
    However.....things are not supposed to be simple......I changed to MO 1.0.2 and it appeared to recognise the card but showed no signal strength and no channel reception. In an attempt to rescue the situation, I tried to re-install MP 1.0.1 but same thing. I've also tried installing Hauppages latest offering (WinTV7) and it works fine too, but still the same problem with MP.
    I thought I'd fould the answer today in a DVBFIX Tuner patch (symptoms were as described) but no luck.
    I'm running XP Service pack 3, and MediaPlayer 11.
    Can anyone help?
    PS: When MP was working all the controls on the Hauppage Remote "fitted" all the functions required in MP.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ thekiwi - I'll check out my 4TR setting tomorrow and let you know - wife is watching TV right now :rolleyes:

@ martyngall - I can't help you with your problem but I can give you some advice (for future reference) - get a good "ghost" programme and make sure you use it before you make any changes. I use Acronis True Image - as it says on the cover "compute with confidence". It's great to know that if anything goes wrong I can re-image in 5 minutes and carry on. If I ever decide I want to do a "clean install" of XP all I have to do is load the image I made when I first installed XP - no need to spend hours re-installing from scratch :)

As an aside, if any of you have home video clips taken on digital cameras (in MPG format) I'm sure that like me you'll be wishing you could see thumbnails of those clips (like you can in MCE). Now you can: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/need-thumbnails-mpg-files-59877/.

chrisa_nz

Portal Member
    July 29, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bleazle

Hey Bleazle,
    ive recently downloaded 4TR V1.4 RC2 can you guide me with setting up the comskip data working in 4TR?
    im using your skin (V7) by the way so i hope it will work :p

also can you post your comskip ini file? at the moment im using the default one from 80_023 donators version.

thanks
    chris

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bleazle

Hey Bleazle,
    ive recently downloaded 4TR V1.4 RC2 can you guide me with setting up the comskip data working in 4TR?
    im using your skin (V7) by the way so i hope it will work :p

also can you post your comskip ini file? at the moment im using the default one from 80_023 donators version.

thanks
    chris

Hi Chris

hopefully these two posts I made earlier will tell you what you need to know. You know that to set Comskip to run for every recording (at whatever time you set) you need to go into 4TR Management Console right? I think it's under "Processes" (or something like that). Let me know if you need any further info:

Has any one got a decent config for ComSkip that works for TV3 (DVB-S) & also works for TV2 (DVB-S)
    On TV2 i'm getting the last seconds of the program cut before the adbreak starts which doesn't meet WAF & TV3 only works some times & most of the time only seems to only skip the first ad?

I use this: --playnice "{0}"

it works great 90% of the time - I wouldn't be without it (that's why it's in my signature :D ). It sounds like you're using the option in MP to automatically skip adds if comskip is enabled (or whatever the wording is)?. I don't use that because for the odd occasion comskip gets it wrong it makes it harder to get to the right place in the recording. Disable that option and just use the chapter button on your remote.

FYI: ForTheRecord will soon be supporting: "show time played when clicking the chapter button (when using comskip)" which will be great for when you skip the ads and it seems like you've missed something, but you usually haven't!...

Hope that helps

Dave

...Hey Bleazle I think he was referring to a good comskip.ini file... By chance do you have an altered one or are you just using the standard. Thanks

I'm using Comskip V 1.4.6.0 = comskip80_007.zip downloaded from: Directory Listing of /files/ with the above settings. Works well for me (DVB-S and Prime through PVR150). I tend to find the beginning of a programme manually and then use Comskip. It's not perfect but at a guess I'd say it gets 8 out of 10 programmes 100% right which is great - it's a long time since I've sat through an ad break :) My wife is hopeless with the remote though and if Comskip gets it wrong she'll go backwards and forwards for half an hour (seems like it anyway) to find the right place :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't have that problem though....

Bleazle

@thekiwi Have you got your 4TR Guide sorted out? The settings you mentioned in your post are what I use. From memory I had to use the TVGuide importer initially to get guide info to show in 4TR 1.3.3 (before that I had nothing showing up) and then it was fine from there. If it's not doing the right thing post on the 4TR thread, the guys there will tell you what you need to do.

Bleazle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom