Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (10 Viewers)

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks MarkFNZ

I'm amazed. It sounded like it was going to be difficult and I nearly didn't even try. All I did was add a new channel, using the params given above to my existing Freeview channels and it worked straight off - no need for realignment of my old sky dish or anything. I now have SBS One! so far as clear as anything (but it's early days). Now I'm motivated to tune in the others and see if I can get an EPG going for it. Any thoughts there?

Hi, what sort of signal and quality levels are you getting? What size dish have you got?

Thanks

littlematt

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Control heatpump with MP??

Hi guys have just had a new heat pump installed. Was thinking it would be really cool to be able to control it via an MP plug in. I have never set up the IR blaster that came iwth my MCE remote but am aware it can learn and zap commands to various appliances from with MP?
    Not sure how to set this up... can someone point me in the right direction? Do I need girder and/or IRSS?? Or is this even possible? Was keen on basic controls only like on/off and temp up/down. Its a Daiken model if anyone cares =)
    Even a link to a guide would be great...

Thanks,
    Matt

Okay nevermind just had a look around and it seems that Daikin amonsht other heat pump manufacturers remotes send the entire state with each key-press ie fan speed/direction/heat/cool/burst mode etc so it would be a long signal that required decoding which part is on/off temp up down etc...

NZJohn

January 20, 2008
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Matt
    You need an IR tranciever which I assume you have, and at least one IR blaster. First install an IR server suite. Then, in MediaPortal Configuration, in the plugins, in process plugins, you will find a plugin called "MP Control For IR Server". Enable this plugin. In its configuration go to the top tab labelled IR commands, click "New", and give the command a name, eg "Turn on heatpump" etc, and teach it the IR beam (it is intuitive). Once you have set up all the IR commands you want, go to the first tab, and hopefully your remote is set up, if not use the pick remote button at the bottom af the screen and enable your remote (eg MCE Remote (full)). Then, go to the "Map buttons" button on the same page. Simply expand the button list until you see which button you want to run the IR command you put in (turn on heatpump?). Click the remote button on the left hand pane, then change what it does in the right hand pane, use "blast IR" and in the IR drop down list pick "Turn on Heatpump". MP will ask which blaster port to use and let you test it right there and then. Just repeat for all new commands. Good Luck. Easy. I run my stereo and TV this way, brilliant!
    You might have some issues with a heatpump though,because I think heatpump remotes actually send a string of commands not just relating to the button you send, which is why when you change the temp on the remote away from the machine, then change in the heatpumps IR range, the heatpump and the remotes temp readings are the same. Give it a go and see if it works.
    Cheers
    John :)

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did a manual scan as per the previous page and ended up with 100% strenght and I estimate 80-90% quality on sbs 1 hd. I did have to give my dish a slight tweak to the west, and lower it abit and a slight rotation clockwise of the lnb to get that figure and retain tv3 etc signal but atm all seems good including the fact that the epg filled automatically when I added it.

Also got major brownie points as my partner is a spanish teacher and sbs hd has both a latin news in spanish and a spanish news programme, so its a complete win here so far.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya shacknasty,

haven't seen you since the <PS> days, at least I think thats when it was, and I hadn't even thought of trying tvnz on demand, I might get time this weekend to play with that.

ireshine

Portal Member
    November 18, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Prime Coming to Freeview

Some news for the guys and girls wanting PRIME on freeview.

I was told yesterday evening, that Kordia is installing DTT equipment for PRIME in the auckland CBD area.
    (installion started today)

But no information yet, when they will be broadcasting PRIME on freeview.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Some news for the guys and girls wanting PRIME on freeview.

I was told yesterday evening, that Kordia is installing DTT equipment for PRIME in the auckland CBD area.
    (installion started today)

But no information yet, when they will be broadcasting PRIME on freeview.

So (Im guessing here as the acronymns mean nothing to me) does that mean Prime will likely only be available on DVB-T and not DVB-S ?

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I heard over 12 months ago that Prime will be on freeview terrestrial only due to free-to-air satellite coverage leaking into other countries where Sky does not have rights to broadcast sports.

Good to know there is some movement for Prime to be on Freeview DVB-T. I don't like watching Prime analog with the picture quality so much lower than the HD digital channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom