Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

kiwi_fella

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Greetings, i'm new to MP and must say so far i'm impressed. I'm running Athlon X64 3600 4GB DDR2 1TB storage, HVR3000 & Nova-s PLus dvbs, Graphcs is Gigabyte 9400Gt. I've recently had a nice new 90cm dish installed with lnb's setup for Optus d1 and Intelsat2. In a normal set top box they work fine.
First problem was Nova wouldnt fre the Diseqc switch to alternate LNB's so scrapped it for a tone swtich which runs on thefollowing settings.

Sat 1 C-Band 169 Degrees Inelsat 2,5
Sat 2 NA Custom 2 160Degrees Optus D1

Override Freq
LNB Low (LOF1) 05150
LNB High (LOF2) 11300
LNB Switch Freq (LNBSW) 06000

Using simpleA/B Diseqc settings, with C-Band being A.

DVB-T sets up fine in MP 1.1.0.0 A, however is only dragging about one hours EPG.
If i connect ONLY the DVB-S side of the HVR3000 it wil switch between two LNB's fien, but as soon as i setup the DVB-T its all over and it will recieve DVB-T fine but wont swtich to DVB-S channels.

So so far i'm looking at running DVB-S leads out to each LNB individually, but that seems stupid.....

HELP!!!

Brian

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I only have one LNB and so can't be much help with your Diseqc issues. I'm running a HVR4000 and switch between DVB-T and DVB-S without issue.

On DVB-T you'll only get "now and next" on the EPG as MP can't read the format the full EPG is transmitted in. I believe that the best way around this is to combine the channels (i.e. TV 1 sat and TV 1 terrestrial) and then prioritise whichever logical card you prefer. e.g. Set the DVB-T card as the highest priority and you'll get the EPG off the Sat but the programme will record off the UHF aerial.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to get DVB-T up and running but am not in a great reception area. (Mt. Wellington, Auckland) I can view/record programs but am getting some break up and/or stuttering. I've got a high gain aerial, raised it as high as I dare, corrected the direction, added a masthead amp and recabled with RG6.

As I've got no practical way to measure UHF signal strength, I decided to run .TS Packet Checker against one of my recordings to see what the quailty is like. It's reported a stack of errors but I've no idea what they mean:

Analyzer running...
    - PAT and PMT parsers finished.
    Finished.
    Incomplete sections=0
    max PAT/PMT pid count: 4
    dropped packets=0 cc errors=24754 pcr holes=52 pts holes=128 total payloadstart errors=0
    ->last pcr: 04:01:39 current pcr: 06:01:28
    Pid 0x50
    - pts errors=128
    ->last pts: 00:01:28 current pts: 00:01:42
    ->last pts: 00:01:44 current pts: 00:01:39
    ->last pts: 00:01:33 current pts: 00:01:25
    ->last pts: 00:01:27 current pts: 00:01:40
    ->last pts: 00:01:32 current pts: 00:01:44
    ->last pts: 00:01:05 current pts: 00:01:19

........etc

I'm not sure if my quality issues are to do with my MP set-up or a weak signal. Can anyone shed any light on these? Is this normal for DVB-T or do I really still have a bad signal? :confused:

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you set the card up as a hybrid as detailed in the manual/Wiki? You will need to for an HVR3000/4000

Kilack

Portal Member
    August 10, 2009
    Hey,

New to mediaportal, set it up today, two cards for satellite.
    One question though, i seem to not be able to get subtitles on channels.
    When I use the LG TV with builtin dvb-t I can press the sub button and get the subtitles (not teletext) but when i try and bring up subs in mediaportal it just says there are none.

are subs not supported? or are they not supported via satellite?

cheers

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    are subs not supported? or are they not supported via satellite?

Never used them but I'm pretty sure they are doable, search around the forums.

Does anyone have any problem with thumb nail creation for freeview dvb-t .ts recordings using mtn.exe? (I'm using MP 1.1 Alpha+SVN)

Yep I disabled thumb creation because mtn.exe would lock .ts files and really upset tvserver when it tried to delete a files via episode management And then recording would fail to start. NOT good for WAF! I guess mtn can't handle our format.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone have any problem with thumb nail creation for freeview dvb-t .ts recordings using mtn.exe? (I'm using MP 1.1 Alpha+SVN)

Im using the thumbnailer plugin and it works well with my tv recordings (my home videos are another issue)
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...aticly-thumbnails-videos-tv-recordings-41250/

I'm sure I tried that one before and it didn't work.
    Are you sure it will work with Freeview HD DVB-T .ts recordings?

Thanks.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Im using the thumbnailer plugin and it works well with my tv recordings (my home videos are another issue)
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...aticly-thumbnails-videos-tv-recordings-41250/

I'm sure I tried that one before and it didn't work.
    Are you sure it will work with Freeview HD DVB-T .ts recordings?

Thanks.

I also use thumbnailer. I get thumbnails on most of my DVB-T .ts recordings. :D: The latest version finally worked properly for H.264 instead of getting blank screens. This version is still giving quite a few people problems however and MoPhat (its developer) is back at it again!

regards
    Neville

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom