Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

sylvester1

Portal Member
August 4, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for the answers, it seems the Waikato is mighty after all. Queenstown is not deemed great enough to get terrestrial Freeview, just Satellite. It seems I better get down to Dicks and buy an old fashioned analogue card :-(

sylvester1

Portal Member
August 4, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
not only but also

Yes too expensive (and I'm only living in this place for a couple of months) and too impractical (I live in an apartment building).

However the good news is that the landlady has now explanined what she meant by 'you can plug your TV into the wall socket but it's a freeview signal'. It turns out they have a satelite dish and decode the free to air channels and pump them to each room. Excellent.

Only problem I have now is that the HVR-1100 card I just bought doesn't want to pick up anything in it's scanning. I'll have to move the PC into the common room to test the card on an aerial socket I know works to see if the card is faulty or not. Still, at least once I get things going I should get a good picture :)

NZJohn

January 20, 2008
Dunedin
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi everybody. I know I am probably in the wrong forum but I'm a Kiwi with a problem, and you all seem so helpful, I hoped you might help me out. I have been using MP (a standalone version) for 18 months and have just upgraded to MP1.0.2 with the TV server. Its great, less video stuttering, quicker, and I can access it off the home network on the other computer. Great. Just one small problem. In the old one I used MP to change channel on the SKY Set Top Box. Now, I am sure the new MP can do this, and I probably just need the right IR blaster plugin, but I cannot find one that works. I've been trawling the MP site for almost a week and the WAF of the new MP is seriously dented by having the SKY remote back in the lounge.
Can anyone please Help?

NZJohn

January 20, 2008
Dunedin
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for your help.:D I'm using IRSS 1.0.4.2 and the TV3 blaster plugin doesn't work with MP1.0.2 server on my system. Where can I get the most recent IR Server Suite please. It will seem a basic question I know, but I can't find it on the MediaPortal site.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got this from Freeviewshop
    SBS HD and SBS One, SBS TWO, SBS 3 and SBS 4 are all currently broadcasting on OPTUS D1:

Just add the following TP to D1 and do a scan to watch them:
    Freq: 12646MHz
    Pol: Vertical
    SR: 12600

For SBS HD you will need a HD Satellite receiver like the Hyundai AH-3110 or Ultraplus F-9000HD PVR.

Here is a screen shots of SBS HD:

Here is a screen shots of SBS ONE:

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:
    Freeviewshop Forum - SBS HD and SBS One, SBS TWO, SBS 3 and SBS 4 Channels brodcasting on OPTUS D1

Regards,
    The Freeviewshop Forum Team.

Presume you need a bigger dish and extra LNB stuff or something to receive?

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been able to scan the channels, it it finds SBS ONE, TWO, 3, and 4, but if I try to view them, there doesn't seem to be enough signal from my 70cm dish and I just get black and colour blocks. I can start timeshifting manually in TV Server, but I suspect the quality isn't there with the stream for it to decode anything meaningful.

I had a lot of drama with Media Portal scanning channels after editing my 160.0°E Optus D1.ini file to add the new transponder, it was updating existing channels with all the wrong details (freq, polarity etc). Very very weird. If you start getting "unable to start graph" errors on channels which did work, restore your original 160.0°E Optus D1.ini file, and rescan from scratch.

I'd be interested to know what results other people get, as SBS has a lot of good stuff on it.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been able to scan the channels, it it finds SBS ONE, TWO, 3, and 4, but if I try to view them, there doesn't seem to be enough signal from my 70cm dish and I just get black and colour blocks. I can start timeshifting manually in TV Server, but I suspect the quality isn't there with the stream for it to decode anything meaningful.

I had a lot of drama with Media Portal scanning channels after editing my 160.0°E Optus D1.ini file to add the new transponder, it was updating existing channels with all the wrong details (freq, polarity etc). Very very weird. If you start getting "unable to start graph" errors on channels which did work, restore your original 160.0°E Optus D1.ini file, and rescan from scratch.

I'd be interested to know what results other people get, as SBS has a lot of good stuff on it.
    What did you add to your INI file? This is what I added to my Freeview.ini:

12646,v,12600

with LOF1 = 11300
    LOF2 = 0
    and LNBSW = 20000

but always get no signal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom