Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (11 Viewers)

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
August 8, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I added the following line:

12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

LOF etc I just kept as per normal settings for my satellite card in the TV Server settings.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone have comskip working for NZ tv?

I'm running some version of it but it's just creating empty files
    Yea runs OK here.

What is your setup?
    * DVB-S or DVB-T
    * What version of Comskip
    * Using standalone server or Server/client on one machine?

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

LOF etc I just kept as per normal settings for my satellite card in the TV Server settings.

I'm not having any joy with this. My .ini file is as follows:

[SATTYPE]
    1=1600
    2=Optus D1

[DVB]

0=34

1=12456,H,22500,34,DVB-S

2=12483,H,22500,34,DVB-S

3=12707,H,22500,34,DVB-S

4=12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

I've got a 90cm dish and get excellent reception for Freeview but no signal for SBS. Any tips?

Thanks

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

[SATTYPE]
    1=1600
    2=Optus D1

[DVB]

0=34

1=12456,H,22500,34,DVB-S

2=12483,H,22500,34,DVB-S

3=12707,H,22500,34,DVB-S

4=12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

I've got a 90cm dish and get excellent reception for Freeview but no signal for SBS. Any tips?

Thanks

How many satellite cards do you have in your box?
    Outside of alignment a little out or the skew on the LNB not quite right the only thing I can think is that maybe with two cards, one of the cards is locking it in Horiz Pol?

Ive got 2 cards in and get really good freeview receoption ... but zero with the SBS settings

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

[SATTYPE]
    1=1600
    2=Optus D1

[DVB]

0=34

1=12456,H,22500,34,DVB-S

2=12483,H,22500,34,DVB-S

3=12707,H,22500,34,DVB-S

4=12646,V,12600,56,DVB-S

Thanks

How many satellite cards do you have in your box?
    Outside of alignment a little out or the skew on the LNB not quite right the only thing I can think is that maybe with two cards, one of the cards is locking it in Horiz Pol?

Ive got 2 cards in and get really good freeview receoption ... but zero with the SBS settings

Hi, thanks for the reply.

One card only (HVR4000) and I think the dish is ok as I get excellent signal strength and quality on Freeview.

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK, I just got mine working with all SBS channels. I'm using a single HVR3000, although going via a DiSEQ switch for my 2nd LNB. Dish is 70cm, and I'm in Grey Lynn, Auckland.

The dish alignment is CRITICAL. Even if it's a few mm out, you'll get nothing. I've just spent 1/2 hour getting my dish aligned, and it's a real mission. As someone has stated before, it's not signal STRENGTH so much as signal QUALITY.

The best way to fine tune this is in TV Server, manual control. Choose a sat channel, start timeshift, and you'll get signal strenth and quality level indicators. These are real time, so once you've locked onto a channel you can move the dish for best position. There's about a 2-3 sec lag between moving the dish and the levels updating though.

If you have a notebook with WLAN, your best bet is to RDP to TV Server, and take the notebook with you to the dish so you can see the levels update.

Strangely enough if I align my dish for 100% strength and quality for a Freeview channel, SBS won't lock and I just get "No signal". With my dish aligned for 0% strength and 100% quality for Freeview, then I get SBS. If you haven't been able to scan for SBS yet, setup a channel manually with these settings:

SBSONE.jpg

In the time it's taken me to type this though, some big clouds have come over, and now I'm getting no signal from SBS. It seems it's a really weak signal :(

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks MarkFNZ

I'm amazed. It sounded like it was going to be difficult and I nearly didn't even try. All I did was add a new channel, using the params given above to my existing Freeview channels and it worked straight off - no need for realignment of my old sky dish or anything. I now have SBS One! so far as clear as anything (but it's early days). Now I'm motivated to tune in the others and see if I can get an EPG going for it. Any thoughts there?

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're welcome. It sounds like your dish was just perfectly aligned from the get go. Here are the other 2 channels you may want to tune up. The SBS HD is the same content as SBS One, but in 720p, and I'm getting that on my HVR3000 over DVB-S. The other is SBS Two which has different content. SBS 3 and 4 just seem like copies of SBS 1 at this stage. I tweaked my dish a touch, and it's working well now. If anyone wants the XML EPG, grab it from here: http://xmltv.locost7.info/RegionalQLD/OztivoRegionalQLD.zip

SBS HD
    SBSHD.jpg

SBS Two
    SBSTwo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom