Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
Just installed Windows Seven. (I love being a student and getting it a) Free b) Early)

If I recall correctly seven is supposed to have codecs that will support the freeview h.264 signal? But for some reason once I've set all the codecs to the Microsoft ones it doesn't want to play Live TV.

My Setup:
Mediaportal 1.02
Windows Seven Profressional
StreamedMP
4TheRecord <- I can stream all the channels fine via it's live VLC Streaming so that suggests that it can recieve the channels sweet?

Also can anyone point me to the version on comskip that I should use for Freeview HD? Cheers. :)

I was about to ask the very same question !!!

I am also playing around with a Win7 machine. I am having no joy getting H.264 working for live tv. I would like use hardware accle. with my 9600GT.

Has anyone else had any luck with Win7??

Cheers guys

shacknasty

Portal Pro
July 14, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
it worked alright for me on w7. what version did you install? you have to run the application at least once for the codecs to be registered i think.

Uglystick

Portal Member
January 9, 2009
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Prime Freeview UHF

Hi all, i'm having trouble getting the new Prime on Freeview UHF.

It tunes, and I have checked the freq as listed in this forum.

But picture is corrupt??
I have also recorded some and tried to open in VCL player, still no good.

Has anyone else had this problem, and/or have a solution?

Cheers!:confused:

bopfrog

Portal Pro
August 20, 2008
Bay of Plenty
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hmm Prime has worked great for me so sorry can't help. However i would like to know of any editing programs people are using to cut out adds etc from recorded TV. I can't get the MP version to work properly. Have tried VideoReDo and a couple of others but they don't open the .ts files. Any ideas?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
....Also can anyone point me to the version on comskip that I should use for Freeview HD? Cheers. :)

I don't think there is one? If you find one let me know because this is one of the main reasons I haven't put too much thought into building a new HD HTPC - I love (almost) never having to skip commercial breaks :)

cross posting this - asking for help in the online videos thread for tvnzondemand support.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/onlinevideos-244/tvnz-demand-please-help-69522/#post500957

anyone keen to give it a go?

J

I've got the answer for you!! :D Well it works for me anyway.... (Note: You will need a KeyBoard remote)

Install ZeeVee's Zinc from here: Zinc? - Our Free Internet Video Browser. | ZeeVee.com then install the My Zinc Plugin from here MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - My Zinc

Installation of the plugin is VERY straightforward (see the readme file included). The forum thread for the plugin is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/anyone-interested-zinc-plugin-59250/

To get TVNZ on Demand launch My Zinc (watch the intro video), then move the mouse to the top of the screen and type "http://tvnz.co.nz/video" in the browser address bar that appears. Then click on the RSS Feed link alongside "Watch Episodes" (No. 1 in the 1st screenshot below). This will load the links into Zinc (2nd screenshot) then click "Add to Favourites". Done! :)

The next time you open Zinc just click on Favourites -> Watch Episodes -> scroll to the show you want to watch then click on it. You need the Keyboard remote to click on the "Fullscreen" control. That's it :)

I'm no expert on this plugin - I looked at it a while ago but didn't get this far (your post prompted me to have another look). Looking at the TVNZ site it looks like you can subscribe to individual programmes which will then (I assume) show up in the "New" folder in Zinc as new programmes are added.

I've just had a quick play around with the YouTube search - it's great. I can see that this plugin will be very popular in my household if it works as well as it seems to on first impression...

Hope that helps you.

Bleazle

Attachments

• zinc1.jpg
    zinc1.jpg
    210.5 KB
  • zinc2.jpg
    zinc2.jpg
    86.2 KB

shacknasty

Portal Pro
July 14, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hmm Prime has worked great for me so sorry can't help. However i would like to know of any editing programs people are using to cut out adds etc from recorded TV. I can't get the MP version to work properly. Have tried VideoReDo and a couple of others but they don't open the .ts files. Any ideas?

if its dvb-s you can use any mpeg editor. for dvb-t ive been using h264cutter.

thanks bleazle, will check that out this evening! looks really good.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I haven't got PowerDVD but I guess I could give it a go. Can you install just the codec or do you have to load the whole software package?

If you google HD Pack 2.2 you can install either PDVD8/9 H264 Codec without the entire package.
    If you install latest SAF beta "unlocked version" it will also help you.

I've installed HD Pack 2.2 and got it running ok. Both PDVD8 & 9 work fine. I can't however find the configuration options for either of them in Direct Show Filter Control. (I'm in expert mode) My other Codecs are listed ok. Any tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom