Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TVONE

Stop talking about it start watching it 7pm channel one :p

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I haven't got PowerDVD but I guess I could give it a go. Can you install just the codec or do you have to load the whole software package?

If you google HD Pack 2.2 you can install either PDVD8/9 H264 Codec without the entire package.
    If you install latest SAF beta "unlocked version" it will also help you.

I've installed HD Pack 2.2 and got it running ok. Both PDVD8 & 9 work fine. I can't however find the configuration options for either of them in Direct Show Filter Control. (I'm in expert mode) My other Codecs are listed ok. Any tips?

I've tried reinstalling the codecs but still can't find any settings for them anywhere. Any help appreciated.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Windows 7 Install

I just wanna get a feel for how people are getting on with running MP on Windows 7.
    What types of hardware and codec setup's you are running.

I Have been playing around on one of my machines.

E6600
    Geforce 9600GT
    HRV2200
    HRV4000

I installed latest MP beta build.
    I used SAF 4.00 beta pack and also HD Pack 2.2 (just install power DVD 8 and 9 for live tv).

Only thing I have found wrong is TV3 sound is on of sync when using default AAC sound. Seems to fine on AC3.
    All other channels are mint and are using hardware acceleration.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Fellow Kiwis,

Have been periodically reading this forum and learn't allot in relation to NZ issues. I was wondering if someone could help me.

My old man is into horse racing, so I was keen to tune in Trackside, but I have had no luck. Has anyone had luck with this and if so, what is your secret? I have an analog PVR-150 card and a Nova-500 card (for Freeview channels) I have tried on the PVR-150 with no luck.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Graham

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ shacknasty: Did you give the My Zinc plugin a go? and if you did how did you get on? It's saved my @rse a couple of times when MP hasn't recorded Coronation Street for some reason - the resolution isn't the best (on a 50" screen) but what the heck, at least the wife can get her fix of that rubbish :mad:

It's a bit of a bummer that so many of the "home screen" channels are blocked to non US residents but a few of them work - too bad there's no way (well, not that I know of) to get rid of the channels that are blocked. Still, it's a simple solution to what on the face of it seemed like it would be hard to do. Apart from solving the TV on demand issue it looks handy for monitoring RSS feeds in general but I haven't gotten into doing that - I'm already suffering from information overload!

NZ780G

September 10, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I've just setup MediaPortal 1.0.2 with catalyst 8.7 with powerDVD 9 on vista x86, with HA working (a 780g based mobo). Works alright (but not great a little glitching on screen), also is it worth upgrading to 1.1.0 beta 1 with a 780g chipset?

I was just wondering what the latest version of catalyst is that we can use that still gives HA for freeview|HD (mostly for TV3), or is 8.7 it?

Cheers

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Bopfrog,

I use Handbrake to convert "ts" files to avi and then SolveigMM to cut out the ads. There is a SolveigMM Video Editor which I understand can cut "ts" files along with a lot of other formats which costs around $55 USD.

All of the options above are free :D

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Graham

Hi All,

Can anybody shine some light on my issue with tuning in Trackside above??

Cheers

Graham

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I've just setup MediaPortal 1.0.2 with catalyst 8.7 with powerDVD 9 on vista x86, with HA working (a 780g based mobo). Works alright (but not great a little glitching on screen), also is it worth upgrading to 1.1.0 beta 1 with a 780g chipset?

I was just wondering what the latest version of catalyst is that we can use that still gives HA for freeview|HD (mostly for TV3), or is 8.7 it?

Cheers

Not really. If you have a stable working setup wait for MP1.1 Final. Resist the urge to tinker if nothing is broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom