Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
+1 use "canterbury" as per the instructions in showtimes thread, it worked fine for me. however the skin support is not great.

Ah it works great now that I entered Canterbury. I use aMPed as my skin which supports it.

+1 use "canterbury" as per the instructions in showtimes thread, it worked fine for me. however the skin support is not great.

When you say "as per the instructions in showtimes thread" like that, I wonder if you are implying I should not have asked my question in this forum? And that somehow I should have searched more for an answer before asking for help? Or maybe I am just being paranoid? Fact is I have never quite got the hang of finding things in these Media Portal forums. I seem to do all sorts of searches and don't find what I am looking for.

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
lol, i remember reading about you first setting that up, btw, you should really link to your auction rather than toshiba laptops in general ;)

who knows though, for $1 i could be in for a bargain :p

Edwood

Portal Pro
September 16, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
This thread is hallarious! Started in July 2005... still active in 2009! Lol!

Hey - does anybody have TVSeries running? I've experimented with it, and I"d love to have it running properly. Unfortunately, it depends on having the TV Series/Episode data in the recorded filename, and I can't see any (easy) way to get that data. I figure the data would be provided in the EPG if TVNZ / TV3 etc provided it... but again... I figure they dont.

Most of the series metadata start with the series name. This would mean it's theoritically possible to write some logic that extracts the first few words, searches the web for a match with the showname, and subsequently appends the series/episode numbers to the title... Like I say.... I haven't found any easy way to get the data :(

Any thoughts?

Edit: OH - by the way, This guy on trademe, is selling a machine with TVSeries on it. Either he's figured out how to get the data... or it's a bit dodgey to say that it has TVSeries installed.

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
By the look of his screen shots on that trademe auction he has TvSeries working with Downloaded tv shows I would suspect ( I also have this working ) or if you know the recorded episode number you could rename it prior to compressing

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Just wondering if anybody has had problems with Powerscheduler waking their machine from S3 sleep since daylight savings started.

I have Vista Home Premium, 32 bit with SP2 loaded and had no problems prior to daylight savings with the machine waking from sleep. If I wake the machine manually, it starts recording straight away - the EPG times look correct along with the PC time which automatically updated. I use the Reven site to download the EPG.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Graham

---> just realised that the program was not scheduled - not sure how it happened, but that was the issue

Edwood

Portal Pro
September 16, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nato - downloaded? You have a bunch of downloaded TV Series? Is that legit? Either way, I'm probably not gonna start downloading. Yep, I could start renaming all my files, but it seems like such a lot of work. I wish there was a way to get the series data from the EPG!? Surely that's how everybody else in the world does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom