Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Nato - downloaded? You have a bunch of downloaded TV Series? Is that legit? Either way, I'm probably not gonna start downloading. Yep, I could start renaming all my files, but it seems like such a lot of work. I wish there was a way to get the series data from the EPG!? Surely that's how everybody else in the world does it.

As I mentioned on geekzone TVSeries is meant to work with video files and file names. Not really related to recorded TV or EPG. Of course you Could record a TV show, strip the commercials, compress it and give it a friendly name like The.Simposns.s01e12.avi and then TVSeries will happily work with it. The fact is, legit or not many people perfer to download TV shows which typically have file names which TVSeries can understand.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the epg doesn't often have season + episode data.
    to use tvseries automatically the epg must have that data
    therefore it requires manual renaming for recorded tv to directly be used by tv series.

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Of course you Could record a TV show, strip the commercials, compress it and give it a friendly name like The.Simposns.s01e12.avi and then TVSeries will happily work with it.

OK... I might look more seriously at this option.

I've made a donation to Comskip, so I should be able to get access to the H.264 supported version of that soon.

However, the compress option has gone from MP now, so I'm on the hunt for a compress tool. Is anybody working with a nice / automatable compress tool?

The last step will be to build a process to actually name the files... I'm not a developer, but I might look at writing the logic for someone else to code. ie. get the show name and episode name from metadata, and search for episode data, and rename file. Most episode names are in single quotes at the beginning of the show description in the EPG.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have had very little luck getting comskip to work in NZ. Our audio is not understood by comskip, so it has a hard time working out where the ads are.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...TVSeries is meant to work with video files and file names. Not really related to recorded TV or EPG. ....

Time for someone else to jump in here :D As mcraenz said the TVSeries plugin is designed for downloaded TV programmes. Why go to the hassle of renaming files to use it for recorded TV when MP groups programmes by series (Hells Kitchen for example), gives you episode information and thumbnails anyway? When you download a file you don't have that info which is where TVSeries comes in...

...I've made a donation to Comskip, so I should be able to get access to the H.264 supported version of that soon....

Be good to hear if it works for you...

I have had very little luck getting comskip to work in NZ. Our audio is not understood by comskip, so it has a hard time working out where the ads are.

I take it you're talking about the H.264 version? :( This is still the main reason I haven't built an HD/BlueRay HTPC yet....

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I take it you're talking about the H.264 version? :( This is still the main reason I haven't built an HD/BlueRay HTPC yet....

I can recommend an HD/bluray htpc, i like mine a lot. i haven't tried comskip, as I find mediaportal's +3min timeshift perfectly adequate.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    **** CONVERTING RECORDED TV ****

Hmmmmmmmm does anyone convert recorded dvb-t to dvd (or anything really)?

I am having issues trying to convert the .ts stream to anything.

Any pointers?

Use handbrake to convert it to an mp4/similar.
    On the left select 'constant quality rate'On the main screen, Tick decomb (not deinterlace). Set anamorphic to none and leave width/height blank. In the video tab don't touch anything. In the sound tab set audio to AC3 for TV3 and a high bitrate AAC for other channels.
    This will result in an equally large file to what you recorded, however the intention of the above settings is to maintain full quality. It will take a while to encode, but when done you'll have a file which you can burn to a DVD with DVDFlick/Similar.

If you want to archive them as files and not burn to dvd, simply dont use constant quality rate, set a bitrate (with 2 pass encoding), use AAC audio and play with settings till you get what works. You can even drop the resolution if you want.

What do you use to split the file, and do you split the file before or after using handbrake.
    If you could split the file before handbrake then it would be faster
    Basically i intend to cut some music videos out of some c4 recordings...

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Kiwijunglist,

I follow the exact procedure that Exdee has explained with Handbrake and it works well, except I save my files as "avi". I then use the free "SolveigMM" to split up the file into separate music video clips from C4. As Exdee mentions, you can then use DVDFlick to produce a DVD.

Hope that helps.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i tried mkvmerge and it works fine for splitting post encoding with handbrake, i just view the file in MPC-HC and write done the HH:MM: SS:NN that i need to split the file. a method pre-handbrake would be good.

i have a thread on it here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...g-re-encoding-h264-ts-files-71354/#post516620

someone suggested that TVRedo TV Suite works for splitting pre-handbrake encoding.
    apparently the video editor plugin can be used too, but you can't specify a specific frame to split at.

thanks for that link, fortherecord seemed like a complicated install last time i checked.

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here are some logo's if anybody wants them (tried to find some in the forums but couldn't find many so posting for future reference or if anybody wants them) the Zip contains most icons for Freeview channels

Attachments

• tv2.png
      tv2.png
      7.2 KB
    • Tv One.png
      Tv One.png
      7.5 KB
    • tv3.png
      tv3.png
      8.1 KB
    • tvnz 6.png
      tvnz 6.png