Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

bgbailey

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi mediaportalists,

I'm pulling my hair out again.

After 5 hours of unistall/install I have Mp 1.1 Beta running but I can't load the TV3 guide and I can't see Tv3Plus1 in the channels, yet I can see them both in the TV Server Configuration. MP plays the TV3 Plus guide detail when I go into the TV Guide.

I'm using Revens tvguide.xml but I'm not sure where it gets imported to. I looked in the tvguide.xml file for TV3 listings and they are there.

So where is the updated TVGUIDE held in the TV Server?

Cheers
Bernard

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Bernard.
Please see attached document describing the steps to go through. It's not perfect but close enough that it should give you the information you need. Good luck.
John

Attachments

• EPG.doc
    30.6 KB

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Well i just got given a samsung 5.1 home audio system today, (could be the best present in my life to date :D )

The only problem i've got is that the input on the system is either RCA, or spdif optical. The output on my tv is spdif coax

Has anyone else ever come across a problem like this? I've spent some time searching and I've come across a product that should help me out Toslink Optical to Coaxial (S/PIDF) Converter

But i was wondering if anyone else has found an equivalent or better solution in NZ?

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
What outputs does your media centre have, you could run your normal stereo sound upto the tv and run a seperate optical etc out to the samsung system

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@ Omen - Good score! :D

Why would you want to use your TV for sound? It'll never compare to the sound you will get from your 5.1 system (if it's decent), no matter how good a TV you've got. My amp is ancient, but as far as sound is concerned it blows away my modern 50" HD plasma that's supposed to have some sort of mind blowing surround sound thing going on - yeah right, it's a TV, not a sound system.

Just my opinion though.

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
my motherboard also has a coax spdif port on it, so either way i'll need to get that adaptor.

at the moment i'm just running my sound and video straight into the tv via hdmi courtesy of the video card.

my main reason for still wanting to use the tv for sound is to get sky and the media pc running through it without having to switch from aux to digital in. (also i used to get angry stares every time the sky remote made media portal click back when i had my creative 2.1 speakers)

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
August 8, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Well i just got given a samsung 5.1 home audio system today, (could be the best present in my life to date :D )

The only problem i've got is that the input on the system is either RCA, or spdif optical. The output on my tv is spdif coax

Has anyone else ever come across a problem like this? I've spent some time searching and I've come across a product that should help me out Toslink Optical to Coaxial (S/PIDF) Converter

But i was wondering if anyone else has found an equivalent or better solution in NZ?

I've used that converter before when I was in the same situation, and can report that it works well. Simple solution right there.

Pommedan

Portal Member
March 30, 2009
Dunedin
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

You can pick up the same from Jaycar Optical Toslink to S/PDIF Coaxial Digital Audio - Jaycar Electronics
here in NZ. I think they also supply it in kit form for half the price. It works well but bear in mind it needs AC power.

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
anyone have sync issues when watching tv3 in freeview DVB-T ? i can get it working correctly by switching to ac3 sound channel but i do not wish to do this as most of the time its in sterio and i wish for my amp to use prologic. anyone know how to fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom